HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Greta Van Susteren shreds...

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:12 PM

Greta Van Susteren shreds GOP’s ‘horrific’ Iran letter: Republicans are ‘pen pals’ with the Ayatolla

More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/fox-news-host-shreds-gops-horrific-iran-letter-republicans-are-pen-pals-with-the-ayatollah/

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren on Sunday blasted Republican senators for sending a “horrific” letter to Iran, and attempting an “end run” around the president.

David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker, told an ABC News panel that the 46 senators who joined Sen. Tom Cotton’s (R-AR) letter undermine President Barack Obama’s negotiations with Iran had made a “horrendous” mistake.

“If you read the text of the letter, it is the most condescending, infantile text assuming that the leaders of Iran — whatever you may think of them, and there’s a lot on the record to think terribly of them — that somehow, that they have no idea what the American system is all about,” Remnick explained. “It’s an absurd comical exercise.”

Susteren agreed: “I think that letter was horrific.”

10 replies, 1270 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Greta Van Susteren shreds GOP’s ‘horrific’ Iran letter: Republicans are ‘pen pals’ with the Ayatolla (Original post)
Jamaal510 Mar 2015 OP
busterbrown Mar 2015 #1
Smarmie Doofus Mar 2015 #2
MADem Mar 2015 #7
Marie Marie Mar 2015 #3
Politicalboi Mar 2015 #5
oldandhappy Mar 2015 #4
Dawson Leery Mar 2015 #6
Egnever Mar 2015 #8
Dawson Leery Mar 2015 #10
Cha Mar 2015 #9

Response to Jamaal510 (Original post)

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:25 PM

1. Wow!! Once in awhile one truly gets surprised..

This shit never lasts long...As we all know...

Tomorrow she’ll be taking in Walker’s Garbage..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:31 PM

2. I wonder if there is another whole level of communication going on ....

... "unofficially".... as we speak, between GOP and the mullahs with an eye on 2016.

It's not like we haven't seen it before.

Reply to this post

Response to Smarmie Doofus (Reply #2)

Mon Mar 16, 2015, 01:25 AM

7. A cake and a Bible! nt

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:34 PM

3. I am surprised by this.

Isn't she friends with Sarah and Taaaawdd? We all know that Sarah would have signed this letter in a heartbeat if she had been in any position to do so. Glad to see that even some right wingers are appalled by this.

Reply to this post

Response to Marie Marie (Reply #3)

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:46 PM

5. My crystal ball says

Palin will be out there tomorrow on Faux about how the letter was a good thing, and "Gosh darn I know if I were president, I would have already nuked Iraq, I mean Iran, whatever, same Muslims ya know. Reload, not Retreat like Paul Revere once said with bells and guns blazing"

Reply to this post

Sun Mar 15, 2015, 10:35 PM

4. Unbelievable! I agree!!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 16, 2015, 12:31 AM

6. The establishment of the GOP knows

this is tomfoolery.

Reply to this post

Response to Dawson Leery (Reply #6)

Mon Mar 16, 2015, 04:59 AM

8. The establishment signed it

Mich,Mcinsane, and Lindsay all signed.

Reply to this post

Response to Egnever (Reply #8)

Mon Mar 16, 2015, 10:03 PM

10. I should clarify this.

I meant to say the power brokers and financiers behind the scenes know that this b.s is not going to win elections.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 16, 2015, 05:15 AM

9. K&R.. why isn't this on the Greatest!?

“If you read the text of the letter, it is the most condescending, infantile text assuming that the leaders of Iran — whatever you may think of them, and there’s a lot on the record to think terribly of them — that somehow, that they have no idea what the American system is all about,” Remnick explained. “It’s an absurd comical exercise.”

Funny.. no one is treating it as the "joke" like the 47Traitortots wanted it to be.

“It end runs the president, which I think is terrible,” she said. “I think they could have achieved the same goal without sending a letter becoming pen pals with the leadership of Iran.” Greta V S

Word! Mahalo Jamaal~ The 7 repubs who didn't sign it are looking smarter than the rest of the gop herd now. Bet they're going "Whew!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread