HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » We Are All John Lauber (R...

Thu May 10, 2012, 09:03 AM

We Are All John Lauber (Romney's HS bullying victim) - edited to include internal link

I am crying this morning for myself and for all victims of school bullying, whether they be victims of homophobia, racism, sexism, anti-intellectualism, or any other pathological -ism. We did NOTHING to deserve it other than exist.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002668805

God damn Republicans, those sociopathic pieces of shit.

4 replies, 2355 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply We Are All John Lauber (Romney's HS bullying victim) - edited to include internal link (Original post)
coalition_unwilling May 2012 OP
ileus May 2012 #1
zazen May 2012 #2
coalition_unwilling May 2012 #3
coalition_unwilling May 2012 #4

Response to coalition_unwilling (Original post)

Thu May 10, 2012, 09:06 AM

1. Kicked...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 10, 2012, 09:10 AM

2. they literally want to force a haircut on the 99%

while the 1% walk away with more profits.

The metaphor is incredible.

I guess when one's life is so wound up in blind objectification of other living beings as props in one's fantasy world, then one ends up with such literal actions as this, or torturing an innocent dog by treating it like a piece of luggage.

This gay classmate disrupted Romney's sense of what "should" and "shouldn't be" at "his" school--so he felt fully entitled to physically force another human being to conform to his delusion.

This is a pathology deeper than narcissism. As much as I loathe W., I always had the sense that on some level he actually registered his own insensitivity and emptiness, which he interpreted as some vague pain that he drank to stifle.

I wonder if this Romney fella has ever experienced any chink in his world view, any moment of cognitive dissonance. That's frankly more frightening.

Reply to this post

Response to zazen (Reply #2)

Thu May 10, 2012, 09:16 AM

3. This has triggered shit in me that I thought was put to rest

a long, long time ago.

I'm upset b/c I was both a victim but also becuase I failed to try to stop it when I saw it happening to others.

But yeah, this establishes Romney's sociopathic bona fides in ways the little Seamus incident only hinted at.

Reply to this post

Thu May 10, 2012, 09:43 AM

4. I am self-kicking one time for all victims of bullying past and present - n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread