HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » An open letter to CO Sen....

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 09:54 AM

An open letter to CO Sen. Michael Bennet on his support of TPP

Last week, you sent me an impassioned plea for a donation because you are anticipating lots of money coming in from out of state organizations to support your Republican opponent in 2016, whomever that might be.

While this may be true, I cannot in good conscience give you a dime, since you voted to fast track the Trans Pacific Partnership. This odious Ďfree tradeí agreement has been kept secret from the American people, and Senators have not even been allowed copies of it or even to take notes. Here in Colorado, we call that a pig in a poke and know that only suckers buy something they havenít seen and examined.

So, hereís the deal Michael: unless you reverse your position on the TPP, actively and publicly oppose it, what you can count on is that I will be working with other Democrats in Colorado to find a candidate that will represent my interests in the U.S. Senate better than you have, and Ďprimaryí you from the left. Because honestly, Michael, Iím TIRED of having the people I elect to supposedly represent my interests get to Washington and instead uphold the interests of big corporations. Make no mistake, Michael, what is good for these corporations is not necessarily good for the people you represent, and TPP is most assuredly NOT good for the people of Colorado.

So, Michael, no matter how much money you think youíll lose from corporate donors if you donít support TPP, you stand to lose much more if you continue to ignore the interests of those who elected you.

Lastly, Udall lost in 2014 because he ran such a lame campaign that no one really knew what he stood for. He didnít really take any positions at all, and the result was that Democrats didnít turn out, and Coloradoís large independent electorate voted for Gardner instead. Make no mistake, it wasnít the Koch brothers and their insidious super PACs that led to Udallís defeat, it was Udallís seeming refusal to take any definitive positions on anything. Donít count on having people turn out for you, Michael, just because youíre a Democrat, because it doesnít work that way. You have to ACT like a Democrat.

Sincerely...

3 replies, 783 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply An open letter to CO Sen. Michael Bennet on his support of TPP (Original post)
PatrickforO Jul 2015 OP
Populist_Prole Jul 2015 #1
sadoldgirl Jul 2015 #2
fizzgig Jul 2015 #3

Response to PatrickforO (Original post)

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 12:41 PM

1. Good. Your 3rd and 4th paragraphs say it all about the perniciousness of the third-way types

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 12:58 PM

2. Unfortunately there is no liberal

to compete with him, and the DNC will support him.

After all, he was Obama's "selection".

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 01:01 PM

3. i hope he gets primaried from the left

i really, really do.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread