HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Re: Colbert v Rumsfeld

Tue Jan 26, 2016, 02:21 AM

Re: Colbert v Rumsfeld

I got to see only the last couple of minutes, looked a bit like Rummy was thinking about squirming. Anybody see the whole thing and care to share?

Thanks!

2 replies, 896 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Re: Colbert v Rumsfeld (Original post)
madamesilverspurs Jan 2016 OP
glinda Jan 2016 #1
DUbeornot2be Jan 2016 #2

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Tue Jan 26, 2016, 02:30 AM

1. Am sure you will be able to find the whole segment online by tomorrow.

It started our innocuously by covering an App/Game that DR had made called Churchill's Solitaire I think. Proceeds going to War Victims. HA! Then at the end moved on to a parsing of DR terms such as "Known unknowns" etc....but Colbert said there was a 4th term....you need to see it. It was interesting. He brought up the recent memo release also. DR said he his self had had it on is own website but who knows.....Colbert was very very careful and exact on how he worded things also.
At the end of the Day DR looked like he was an ignorant man. I think he basically admitted it was wrong without it being said that way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Tue Jan 26, 2016, 03:53 AM

2. I was...

...impressed with how Colbert handled Rummy for the most part... I really wish he had simply humiliated the old prick.

The most telling point that I hope goes viral was when Rumsfeld said, when referring to the unknown known or was it known unknown intelligence..., and I paraphrase, but he essentially said that if it is 'intelligence' it was then indeed not factual... he said it as if it was the way he defined intelligence all along...

Thanks Stephen!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread