HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "State’s primary a losing...

Sun Apr 17, 2016, 03:29 PM

"State’s primary a losing proposition to some Bay Area Republicans"

More: http://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/State-s-primary-a-losing-proposition-to-some-7253129.php?t=d83232ccbd&cmpid=email-premium

For while the Bay Area is the nation’s progressive soul, it is also home to some of the country’s most prominent establishment conservatives, including former Secretaries of State George Shultz and Condoleezza Rice (who declined to comment), as well as deep-pocketed donors Silicon Valley entrepreneur Floyd Kvamme, who, along with wife Jean, has contributed $200,00 to a pro-John Kasich super PAC, and venture capitalist Jillian Manus.
Cathie Bennett Warner says she will consider voting for a Democrat if Trump is the GOP’s nominee, but “if it’s Bernie Sanders, I’ll probably leave the country.” Photo: Scott Strazzante, The Chronicle
Photo: Scott Strazzante, The Chronicle
Cathie Bennett Warner says she will consider voting for a Democrat if Trump is the GOP’s nominee, but “if it’s Bernie Sanders, I’ll probably leave the country.”

Many of them are nauseated by Trump’s divisive comments on immigrants, Muslims and women, and regret the establishment-splintering chaos the Republican primary has produced as the original field of 17 candidates has dwindled to three.

They use such words as “miserable,” “sickened,” “ashamed.” And most alarming for Republicans candidates everywhere, they’re not opening their checkbooks.

By this point in the election season, “I would have been knee deep in one of the campaigns,” said Manus, who campaigned for GOP gubernatorial candidates Meg Whitman and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But “I haven’t given one cent to a candidate. Actually that’s not true. I gave to Kamala Harris,” a Democrat running for U.S. Senate.

0 replies, 606 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread