HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When you add a word to an...

Mon Jun 13, 2016, 11:44 PM

When you add a word to another word, it does not change the meaning of that is being used!

Every GOP'er wants Obama to add the word "radical" to the terrorist actions. My thought is why? Trump is an idiot and adding "HUGE" to that phrase, does not change the fact he is an idiot! It goes to shows how the GOP folks try to make them sound smarter, which we all know they are not!

2 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply When you add a word to another word, it does not change the meaning of that is being used! (Original post)
imanamerican63 Jun 2016 OP
onecaliberal Jun 2016 #1
Cracklin Charlie Jun 2016 #2

Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)

Mon Jun 13, 2016, 11:47 PM

1. We should not give two shits what republican dumb fucks want POTUS to say or do.

They own partial responsibility for this bullshit spewing hate 24/7.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)

Tue Jun 14, 2016, 12:49 AM

2. Can that little quibble over language come from the folks who want to sell more guns?

They have fussed about use of the "radical" adverb for several years now. A lot.

Is there any chance that studies have been done showing that if potential gun buyers (their main audience) think that some scary, well-trained assassin is liable to show up anywhere, at anytime, to mow them down, they will buy more guns? Bigger guns, louder guns, guns that shoot lots and lots of bullets, and cost lots of dollars?

I apologize. I shouldn't be so cynical. I am feeling very sad about the tragedy in Orlando, and want desperately to never wake up to news like that, ever again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread