HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Democratic National Commi...

Tue Aug 2, 2016, 01:35 PM

Democratic National Committee CEO resigns amid hack scandal

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/290141-democratic-national-committee-ceo-resigns-amid-hack-scandal

The CEO of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) has resigned in the wake of the email hacking scandal, The Hill confirmed Tuesday. Amy Dacey is stepping down, and other changes are expected at the DNC as well, The Associated Press reported.

Late last month, nearly 20,000 stolen emails published by WikiLeaks showed top DNC officials talking about undermining Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) presidential campaign. The revelations caused an uproar among Sanders backers right before the Democratic National Convention began last week in Philadelphia.

Outgoing DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz relinquished her role of presiding over the Democratic convention and stepped down from her post at the DNC in the wake of the hack.

In one widely criticized leaked email, DNC CFO Brad Marshall appears to write about a plan to question Sanders’s religion at a campaign event in Kentucky or West Virginia. Dacey wrote “AMEN” in response.

1 replies, 1087 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democratic National Committee CEO resigns amid hack scandal (Original post)
Scuba Aug 2016 OP
bigwillq Aug 2016 #1

Response to Scuba (Original post)

Tue Aug 2, 2016, 01:36 PM

1. Sounds good to me

I think change is needed at the DNC

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread