HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What happens if AG Sessio...

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 11:34 AM

What happens if AG Sessions' DoJ goes after legal cannabis?

After all, the only problem that he could find with the Klan was that they smoked dope.

Does anyone else see him sending in the government jack-booted thugs to kick in the doors of the dispensaries in order to enforce existing federal law? If he does, I envision the rapid "states-rights" backlash of the people in places like WA, OR, CO, CA, NV, etc. where cannabis has become a large component within the social economy. Would that increase support for a wider Calexit movement? Would that be justified? Or would even a GOP congress realize it was time to end federal prohibition on one of the most beneficial plant species known to humankind?

And does anyone else think it would be deliciously ironic if a sap named to honor Jefferson Davis set in motion a new secessionist movement in blue (sane) America.

Just thinking out loud; ideas?

12 replies, 675 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to malchickiwick (Original post)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 11:36 AM

1. Well, this guy went after it:

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 11:48 AM

2. count on it.

private prisons are going to need more drug offenders.

Besides, WA, OR, CO, CA, and NV all voted for Hillary.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 11:56 AM

3. At some point we need to deal with reality.

Obama's War on Pot

snip

But over the past year, the Obama administration has quietly unleashed a multi­agency crackdown on medical cannabis that goes far beyond anything undertaken by George W. Bush. The feds are busting growers who operate in full compliance with state laws, vowing to seize the property of anyone who dares to even rent to legal pot dispensaries, and threatening to imprison state employees responsible for regulating medical marijuana. With more than 100 raids on pot dispensaries during his first three years, Obama is now on pace to exceed Bush's record for medical-marijuana busts. "There's no question that Obama's the worst president on medical marijuana," says Rob Kampia, executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project. "He's gone from first to worst."

snip

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216

So, you were saying about, "sending in the government jack-booted thugs to kick in the doors of the dispensaries"???

Reply to this post

Response to Wilms (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:04 PM

4. That article is nearly five years old, prior to any recreational measures.

Throughout my travels in Colorado, Oregon and Washington I have yet to see a shop door kicked in by Obama. Au contraire, the industry seems to be expanding and thriving and providing a tremendous return tax-wise.

Reply to this post

Response to malchickiwick (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:08 PM

5. You "have yet to see a shop door kicked in by Obama"???

And other than nothing, what does that mean??

Between 1996 and 2013, the federal government conducted 528 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.

During Obama’s first term as president, his administration oversaw 270 dispensary raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2016/02/24/dispensary-raids-rise-obama-regime/

Again, you have to deal with reality...or not.

Reply to this post

Response to Wilms (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:18 PM

6. I'll take your word for it; still...

...there obviously hasn't been an attempt to shut down the entire industry and every facility and put an end to legal cannabis entirely across the many states that have embraced it, and that was the question of my OP -- will Secessions try to do so, and if he does, what will be the reaction?

Reply to this post

Response to malchickiwick (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:23 PM

8. Why on EARTH are you taking my word for ANYTHING!?

I'm a random poster on the internet. Perhaps you came across your ASSUMPTIONS by taking the word of a random poster on the internet.

RESEARCH this stuff. OK. You'll be A LOT smarter. That said, people who are meme-driven will hassle you for not toeing the line. So be forewarned.

Reply to this post

Response to Wilms (Reply #8)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:26 PM

9. Um, figure of speech used to politely say your message is irrelevant to the jist of my OP.

But thanks for the tips about how to survive in the inter-webs

Reply to this post

Response to malchickiwick (Reply #9)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:28 PM

10. Fair enough.

Yes. What happens if Trump sends in the jack-booted thugs that Obama sent in?

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:21 PM

7. All they have to do is have the DEA head send federal agents to raid dispensaries and arrest

everyone inside.

I'm sure the "state's rights" crowd is going to change their tune when they control The State (meaning the fed govt).

I'm sure that Big Pharma is going to apply pressure to law makers to do this very thing.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:41 PM

11. The federal enforcement agencies will become increasingly corrupt.

That pretty much describes every aspect of the Trump administration.

The Trump states will suffer the worst of it.

I suspect the Trump administration will soon be putting out so many fires in the red states that he'll leave the blue states mostly unmolested.

When the voters of Trump states start asking "Why can't we have that?" the Democratic Party better have some good answers, because the Republican Party will be blaming everyone but themselves, frequently in vile racist ways.

Reply to this post

Response to hunter (Reply #11)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 02:37 PM

12. Well, as honest as it is to tell them - You voted for this, why are you complaining now?

The truth is those who voted for Trump and those who didn't vote because they haven't had any real problems with the racist and bigoted neighbors who ran for a local office are usually unable to think about what goes on at the Federal Level. For the most part, they're proudly provincial, and don't care what happens outside their county - heck, most don't care about what happens outside their little community church groups. If confronted, they're not going to admit they did anything wrong. It's the country's fault for not accepting them. Not their fault for putting themselves and their comfort above everyone else in the country...
Got a few in-laws who think their small southern town is the Real America (tm) - unlike those lawless Big Cities where people have to learn to live with people who either alien to them or they don't like - and that all politicians are the same and pretty close to useless to the community anyway.

So since Hillary Clinton was way too much like a pushy Realtor/volunteer Sunday School Teacher that was try to make them change their traditions, they went ahead and voted for the sleazy Car Salesman type that they normally would have just accepted as a County supervisor or State representative, who wouldn't bother them and said the right words to them. Because he was a man, and a rich, pushy man who had no problem getting rid of worthless people, unlike the weak liberal Sunday-school types who wanted to coddle criminals and let them get away with murder...
Oh, and Hillary was Crooked. Uncle Larry heard that from man on the radio, who gets paid to say things, so it's got to be true...

On edit - No matter how much they lose from Trump's shenanigans, no matter how appalled they are from the actions his administration and lick-spittle congress force on them, they'll never admit they were wrong in public. They might vote for a Democrat that promises and has a plan to clean up after the mess, but they'll come up with any sort of reason they voted the way they did. To admit they were wrong and why they really voted for a blasphemous, racist, misogynistic moron would be a sign of weakness, and maybe a sign that they aren't the Real Americans they thought they were.

Haele

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread