HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trumps big infrastructure...

Sun Nov 20, 2016, 09:02 AM

Trumps big infrastructure plan? Its a trap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-big-infrastructure-plan-its-a-trap/2016/11/18/5b1d109c-adae-11e6-8b45-f8e493f06fcd_story.html?utm_term=.d0491138f65b

By Ronald A. Klain November 18
Ronald A. Klain served as assistant to President Obama and oversaw the team implementing the American Recovery and Renewal Act from 2009-2011. He was an adviser to Hillary Clinton in the 2016 campaign. The views expressed here are solely his own.

As the White House official responsible for overseeing implementation of President Obamaís massive infrastructure initiative, the 2009 Recovery Act, Iíve got a simple message for Democrats who are embracing President-elect Donald Trumpís infrastructure plan: Donít do it. Itís a trap. Backing Trumpís plan is a mistake in policy and political judgment they will regret, as did their Democratic predecessors who voted for Ronald Reaganís tax cuts in 1981 and George W. Bushís cuts in 2001.

These sound like wise words to me. When will the Dems learn. And the article details lots of ways the plan is likely a boondoggle that won't create many jobs.

2 replies, 399 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trumps big infrastructure plan? Its a trap. (Original post)
Fast Walker 52 Nov 2016 OP
halobeam Nov 2016 #1
longship Nov 2016 #2

Response to Fast Walker 52 (Original post)

Sun Nov 20, 2016, 09:52 AM

1. One con after another ...

Every single thing I read about the lot of them, is just more deceit. It would be sheer entertainment if it weren't all true.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Fast Walker 52 (Original post)

Sun Nov 20, 2016, 12:48 PM

2. As always, this post needs more Admiral Ackbar.

It's an elaborate ruse!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread