HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Anti-government conservat...

Wed Dec 14, 2016, 04:46 PM

Anti-government conservatives may finally be getting their wish. Only not in the manner they sought.

It's a long-understood trope that conservative Republicans hate government, and want to abolish it at the Federal level, and proceed with only state governments.

It looks like many people across the country are starting to support this idea. Just not for the reasons anti-everybody right-wingers planned.

With Trump fomenting every sort of legislation aimed at attacking the civil rights of women, minorities, Muslims, LGBTQ, etc. cities and states across the nation are starting to draft laws, or at least resolutions, refuting the aims of the Trump Presidency. San Francisco and other municipalities are declaring themselves sanctuary cities for undocumented immigrants, LGBTQ, etc. Pittsburgh looks like it is going to join other cities and states in banning 'gay-conversion therapy'.

If Trump or his motley collection of cronies protest this at all, one would be wise to mention 'states-rights' and watch them sputter helplessly when confronted with their own tactics.

4 replies, 1343 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anti-government conservatives may finally be getting their wish. Only not in the manner they sought. (Original post)
Aristus Dec 2016 OP
RKP5637 Dec 2016 #1
Aristus Dec 2016 #2
RKP5637 Dec 2016 #3
pangaia Dec 2016 #4

Response to Aristus (Original post)

Wed Dec 14, 2016, 04:49 PM

1. ... as the US regionalizes and eventually turns against Trump and his gangster cohorts. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RKP5637 (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 14, 2016, 05:01 PM

2. I thought the Balkanization of the USA was centuries away.

It may only be 8-10 years off.

On the day it happens, I'll raise "The Doug" over my home in the Republic of Cascadia...

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 14, 2016, 05:04 PM

3. The Trump Regime has put it on steroids! n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Original post)

Wed Dec 14, 2016, 05:05 PM

4. Some places are also trying to enact extreme right-wing laws as well..

Looks like it might be the cities vs the ruralites..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread