HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » AG nominee Jeff Session's...

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:38 AM

AG nominee Jeff Session's biography disappearance from Lexis was a Russian hack!

I was corresponding with my Lexis representative about some work issues and I threw in a post script (P.S.) to ask how Session's bio could get wiped from Lexis. He responded by saying the Russians hacked them using a particular software to wipe data. He was serious!

Why would they want to help Sessions get in? Hmm, I wonder!

9 replies, 1740 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Dustlawyer (Original post)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:43 AM

1. Lexis would rather claim a hack then admit they took money. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msanthrope (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:46 AM

5. Yes, Russians hacking America? Crazy right!

Reply to this post

Response to msanthrope (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:46 AM

6. Providing accurate info is what they sell. Why would they admit a hack if it wasn't true? n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:44 AM

2. K&R. n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:45 AM

3. Sessions has Russian connections with Richard Burt-see this article

"But the revelation of Burtís lobbying activity raises new questions about Russian influence in Trumpís campaign. In August, his campaign chair Paul Manafort resigned amid revelations about his ties to pro-Russian forces in Ukraine and the campaignís reported role in changing the Republican Party platform to favor Kremlin interests. It also comes as the Trump campaign struggles to maintain a unified message on Russia, with Trump having called Putin a "strong leader" and "a leader, far more than our president has beenĒ while his running mate Mike Pence called Putin "small" and "bullying" in Tuesdayís vice presidential debate.

In addition to helping shape Trumpís speech, Burt attended two dinners this summer hosted by Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, who had been named chairman of Trumpís national security committee. Burt was invited to discuss issues of national security and foreign policy, and wrote white papers for Sessions on the same subjects, according to Burt and another person with knowledge of the situation.'

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-campaign-lobbyist-russian-pipeline-229264

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:45 AM

4. And Why Haven't We Heard About This From MSM?....

Wouldn't you think that the Lexis people would make that info available to the press? This seems like big news to me.

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #4)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:48 AM

7. They wouldn't want their customers alarmed that their confidential service, especially for law firms

was hacked.

Reply to this post

Response to Dustlawyer (Reply #7)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 09:54 AM

8. Now Given That This Info Came Out Here On DU.....

Shouldn't an investigating agency (i.e., CIA, FBI, NSA, etc) be informed and this be investigated? Unless this is fake news.

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 1, 2017, 10:00 AM

9. Who is to say they didn't? It might be that is how they know it was the Russians.

I know its all speculation on whether they did or not, but they have a lot to protect. I would assume they pulled out all stops to do so.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread