HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump is boosting my self...

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:15 PM

Trump is boosting my self esteem

In the past, I always went a little light on criticizing the president, even when he did something I considered boneheaded. I figured, "OK, maybe I could do that one thing better than Bush (or Clinton or Obama) but being president is a complex job. No way could I juggle all that stuff and make sound decisions on all of it." I have this short little span of attention, and I get distracted too easily, so I figured even somebody like GW Bush was probably doing a better job than I would do.

Not any more. This new guy has completely changed my perspective. I could do a better job standing on my head. I could make better decisions before I woke up in the morning. I might piss off a world leader or two, but not every single one of them. I am so much better, so much smarter, so closer to being sane, than this guy, it's not even a contest. I mean, I still don't think I am qualified to be president. No way! But I am so much better qualified than the guy who now holds the office, it just makes me wonder if there is even a hint of meritocracy going on in our country. Can anybody do anything? If I inherited money from my dad, and spent most of my life seeking publicity, a.k.a. making my self famous, can I run the country? Don't worry. I'm not really considering running for anything, but I wonder.

5 replies, 1029 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump is boosting my self esteem (Original post)
HassleCat Feb 2017 OP
ProudLib72 Feb 2017 #1
deaniac21 Feb 2017 #2
dchill Feb 2017 #3
yallerdawg Feb 2017 #4
MasonDreams Feb 2017 #5

Response to HassleCat (Original post)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:19 PM

1. I was thinking exactly the same thing not one hour ago! n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:19 PM

2. Good for you!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:20 PM

3. Hate to burst your bubble, Hassle....

But Trump is not really the one making the decisions. Your self-esteem boost is courtesy of Steve Bannon. JK - I'm sure your self-esteem is fine, considering the output of ANY Republican. I know mine is.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:24 PM

4. It's very clear the presidency requires a very particular set of skills.

Few have them.

I know I don't.

And I know that buffoonish oaf in the White House doesn't, either.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 05:26 PM

5. "Fortune assists the bold"

some roman emperor said this in 50 b.c.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread