HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump to GOP critics of h...

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 10:50 AM

Trump to GOP critics of health care bill: Im gonna come after you

President Trump went to Capitol Hill on Tuesday morning to sell the House GOP leadership’s plan to overhaul the health-care system as the legislation races toward an expected vote on the House floor by the end of this week. Assuring Republicans they would gain seats if they passed the bill, the president told Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), the chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, to stand up and take some advice.

“I’m gonna come after you, but I know I won’t have to, because I know you’ll vote ‘yes,’” said the president, according to several Republican lawmakers who attended the meeting. “Honestly, a loss is not acceptable, folks.

link:https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-arrives-on-capitol-hill-to-sell-house-gop-health-care-package/2017/03/21/e8ede3d2-0e2b-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.2197bef8dab0

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Making threats is what he knows. The congress people's constituents have told them not to do it, but only one voice matters: tRump.

5 replies, 1703 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump to GOP critics of health care bill: Im gonna come after you (Original post)
ProudLib72 Mar 2017 OP
Eliot Rosewater Mar 2017 #1
safeinOhio Mar 2017 #2
SharonAnn Mar 2017 #3
ProudLib72 Mar 2017 #4
VOX Mar 2017 #5

Response to ProudLib72 (Original post)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 10:53 AM

1. They will pass it, he wont have to come after them.

He will do the same in the Senate and they will also, after all is said and done, pass it.

And they are in a hurry, Ryan is waiting in the wings with the bills that will take our Medicare and Social Security next, and those will also pass.

This has been planned for decades.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 10:56 AM

2. Stand up to a bully

What if they said, if you come for any one of us, all of us will be coming after you family?

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 10:57 AM

3. That's not much of a threat, given his current popularity.

He has no ammunition to use against them.

Reply to this post

Response to SharonAnn (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 11:07 AM

4. What I didn't include

were all the positive "presidential" comments they made about him afterward. They would make you

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 11:08 AM

5. And that's the way an asshole CEO talks to his employees...

Another in a long list of reasons why government should NOT be run like a business.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread