HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Will the media please STO...

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:35 AM

Will the media please STOP THE FUCKING INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!

I listened to news reports all last evening and the liberal media continuously tied themselves into contortions to try and invent excuses for why Jared may have had good reasons for wanting to establish back channels connections with the Kremlin, and why Kushner, Sessions, and Flynn, didn't report contacts with the Russians on their SF86. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, IT'S A FUCKING DUCK!!!!!

I was 25 when I completed my first SF86. I had previously been stationed in Germany. I understood very well every question on that SF86. Even if I didn't, (but I did because I can read) I had people who I could ask questions of who were professionals and who knew what the hell they were doing. I understood that I would also subsequently be interviewed by the FBI, and I also would be polygraphed. I was told that making a false statement on this form could lead to my termination from my position with the government, and possible imprisonment. There was no question in my poverty stricken raised, state college educated mind that this was serious fucking business.

The media has tried to come up with every excuse imaginable all last evening why there may be some innocent explanation for all of this. They want us to believe that the man who Trump put in charge of the whole fucking government, to include fixing the VA medical system, solving the opium epidemic, and negotiating peace in the Middle East, is a fucking idiot when it comes to answering the simple question, "Have you had any contacts with anyone from a foreign country?"

STOP THE FUCKING MADNESS MEDIA!!!!!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR.

Trump and Kushner should not have any further access to classified information until this matter is fully investigated and resolved, at which time:

LOCK THEM ALL UP.

47 replies, 14341 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 47 replies Author Time Post
Reply Will the media please STOP THE FUCKING INSANITY!!!!!!!!!! (Original post)
politicaljunkie41910 May 2017 OP
SticksnStones May 2017 #1
MousePlayingDaffodil May 2017 #9
SticksnStones May 2017 #12
MousePlayingDaffodil May 2017 #16
SticksnStones May 2017 #24
paleotn May 2017 #42
Chemisse May 2017 #25
lunasun May 2017 #14
cally May 2017 #2
HipChick May 2017 #6
politicaljunkie41910 May 2017 #21
FakeNoose May 2017 #32
UCmeNdc May 2017 #3
Buckeye_Democrat May 2017 #4
politicaljunkie41910 May 2017 #11
notdarkyet May 2017 #37
Mr. Ected May 2017 #5
pnwest May 2017 #15
Amaryllis May 2017 #45
Baitball Blogger May 2017 #7
flamingdem May 2017 #8
dalton99a May 2017 #28
not fooled May 2017 #36
uponit7771 May 2017 #44
Auntie Bush May 2017 #47
KingCharlemagne May 2017 #10
dalton99a May 2017 #29
Alice11111 May 2017 #35
Kimchijeon May 2017 #40
newblewtoo May 2017 #43
Solomon May 2017 #13
Nevernose May 2017 #17
LaydeeBug May 2017 #18
c-rational May 2017 #33
MedusaX May 2017 #19
KPN May 2017 #20
Johnny2X2X May 2017 #22
Honeycombe8 May 2017 #23
Bernardo de La Paz May 2017 #26
maddiemom May 2017 #27
Zambero May 2017 #30
George II May 2017 #31
radical noodle May 2017 #34
BadgerMom May 2017 #38
Kimchijeon May 2017 #39
Greywing May 2017 #41
WinkyDink May 2017 #46

Response to politicaljunkie41910 (Original post)

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:42 AM

1. Politics is entertainment now.

Gotta keep the contest narrative "who will win in the end" going...

Brings in the viewers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SticksnStones (Reply #1)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:06 AM

9. There's that, yes . . .

. . . and that's mostly the explanation.

But there's something else in play, I think, that factors into this. The media, be it on the left, right, or (ostensibly) "in the middle," will always remain keen on keeping up the fiction, for the benefit of their slovenly audience, that the American people are fit to govern themselves.

The simple fact that Donald Trump is President, that he was so elected, puts that notion to the lie. But we can't risk having the Great American Myth subject to scrutiny.

Reply to this post

Response to MousePlayingDaffodil (Reply #9)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:11 AM

12. I have a little more faith in my neighbor's and my country than that.

The pushback, the marches, the entire WOKE movement disproves your point.

I consume media. I am offended at the reference "slovenly audience".

The anti American tone in your screed is really off putting.

Good day to you.

Reply to this post

Response to SticksnStones (Reply #12)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:59 AM

16. Please. I look around and see a country . . .

. . . in which (among other things) a non-trivial (and ever increasing, it would seem) percentage of voting-age adults lack the wherewithal (e.g., self-discipline, knowledge, etc.) even to keep their weight remotely proportional to their height.

And, yet, I'm supposed to believe that these same people are, on balance, capable -- in the exercise of their "enlightened self-interest -- to choose their own governmental representatives? I think not.

Sorry, James Madison, et al. were wrong.

Reply to this post

Response to MousePlayingDaffodil (Reply #16)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:39 AM

24. I said good day!

Reply to this post

Response to MousePlayingDaffodil (Reply #16)

Sat May 27, 2017, 01:57 PM

42. I hear you

I've always leaned to the Madison / Jeffersonian side, but Adams is beginning to make more sense to me.

Reply to this post

Response to MousePlayingDaffodil (Reply #9)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:40 AM

25. Really? Are you suggesting we just give up and go with a dictatorship?

The American people have done fine for centuries. There are reasons why it all went awry this time around, and it's those reasons that need to be addressed, not our entire form of government.

Reply to this post

Response to SticksnStones (Reply #1)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:28 AM

14. Yes it's like sports entertainment for the less politically enlightened . That's how much of

the public want to view it that gets sponsors
But the rest know the country's soul is the ball in this contest

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:43 AM

2. I had the same reaction last night---there is no innocent explanation for this

and the media just pretended that there was. Quit coming up with excuses media, we have a President who colludes with our enemy and a Congress who is covering it up. We have a media trying to pretend that any of this is normal and is abetting the treason. Time to state the truth.

I also filled out my first SF86 when I was 25. I knew it was serious. I spent weeks on it so I could get it right and honestly sign that document knowing the information was accurate. Even so, I was scared that I somehow forgot something or made a mistake. I would periodically pull it out and check it to make sure I had not. I did not want to lose my job, go to jail, or lose my security clearance so I made sure I told the truth.

Reply to this post

Response to cally (Reply #2)

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:58 AM

6. I completely forget about a trip outside the country..and forget to put it on my SF86

and on top of that, there was no stamps in my passport from the country I visited...It was an ally, but nevertheless, I proceeded to have FBI agents requesting to come to my house, or my workplace to discuss it, before my full clearance would be granted.
Jared lied...period. Sessions lied....that's their strategy - lie and see if they can get away with it

Reply to this post

Response to HipChick (Reply #6)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:24 AM

21. I worked for the government over a period of 31 years and filled out the SF86 many times.

So people should know that, while you are required to tell the truth and the whole truth and you should, you can correct a mistake, or an honest omission, and you should notify the person in charge of this in your office as soon as possible. You don't have to wait for your FBI interview. The first thing that the FBI agent does when he interviews you is shows you a copy of your submitted SF86. He will tell you to review it and ask you if you stand by your previous responses. (In some cases, it can be 6 months or more before you get around to your FBI interview, and your circumstances could have changed in the interim. Also, having to divulge almost your entire life can be embarrassing, but one thing I have never done is lie on an SF86 form. As a matter of fact, there was a running joke in my offices because of how long my interviews usually lasted. But if I can get through it, anyone can.

Living in California, I had a cleaning lady for a period of time, who I suspected was in the country illegally and during another period, a babysitter. The cleaning lady cleaned most of my neighbors homes as well, and was a very decent and hard working person. The babysitter was one of the most decent and hardworking people as well, and I disclosed both situations for as long as I was required to. None of us are responsible for the circumstances in which we are born into and if it meant feeding my children, I wouldn't let any border stop me either.

Reply to this post

Response to HipChick (Reply #6)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:54 AM

32. Well they are getting away with it, and they'll keep doing it

...until we fire or impeach all of them.

I think the OP's point is, he's tired of the media dragging this out (for entertainment purposes) when the answers are black-and-white. There are very few gray areas, so no discussion is really needed.

What do the 24/7 TV news mavens do then? They have to talk about something to keep their ratings up.

I watch MSNBC and they keep telling the same Jared Kushner news stories over and over, but nobody is defending him. They've already convicted Kushner, if anything. I suspect it must be the Faux News channel that's trying to defend him. I wouldn't know because I don't watch Faux News.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:45 AM

3. I agree!

When does it become okay to plot against the United States government and plan to subvert its institutions?

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:48 AM

4. I shouted at the TV this morning, "Stop giving those crooks excuses!"

If cable news keeps it up, Trump's traitors might adopt some of the ideas!

Reply to this post

Response to Buckeye_Democrat (Reply #4)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:10 AM

11. I apologize for my earlier language; but I couldn't take it any longer. I too, have been shouting

at the TV all last night and this morning and was thinking the same thing as you. They are giving them excuses that will be repeated later, once everyone is lawyered up. They are too stupid themselves, to come up with some of those excuses that the media was providing for them, but now we will be hearing them back from their lawyers and it will become part of the narrative.

Reply to this post

Response to politicaljunkie41910 (Reply #11)

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:19 PM

37. I screamed at the tv all through the buildup to the Iraq war. Cheney, rice etc bombarded

The news with mushroom clouds and wmd to get us into this war. I would yell,"liars!"

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 09:52 AM

5. It's a measured response. As much as I detest it, the media does not want to make false claims

That may later undermine their reporting.

There were several commentators that cut through the bullshit, though, and laid it out clearly for us. Malcolm Nance, for one.

The media is beginning to swarm. This story has inertia like no other. It will envelop Washington and tune out any other news. Unlike Benghazi, this is fact-based and damning for dozens of GOPers.

The tide is turning. Be patient with the media. They'll be on board very soon.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr. Ected (Reply #5)

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:45 AM

15. I think they are making quadruple sure

that they are being "fair"- remember this is the Presidents SIL, a senior WH official, and he hasn't even been indicted, let alone convicted. Factor in that they're talking about notoriously litigious trumps, here, and it adds up to a concerted effort by these journalists to not end up having the living shit sued out of them. I don't blame them for walking an extremely measured line!

Reply to this post

Response to pnwest (Reply #15)

Sat May 27, 2017, 05:59 PM

45. They are also considering all the right wingers and they come across a lot more credibly if

they are not reporting things as facts before they are positively verified. And yeah, what you said about being sued. Even the IC guys are saying looks like, but can't be certain yet.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:01 AM

7. He was a fucking conduit. Plain and simple.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:02 AM

8. The only person who was straight was Malcolm Nance

He said espionage and like you said that leaving that off the forms = you're doing time.

Reply to this post

Response to flamingdem (Reply #8)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:45 AM

28. Yep.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:17 PM

36. Yep

I was struck by that--Nance was the one who told it like it is.

The thing that really frosts me is, can you imagine if a Dem had done this? The pukes--and most media talking heads--would be SCREAMING for their head. But when the admin of a swaggering loudmouth bully puke does it, for some reason their motivation is unclear and we have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The double standard is disgusting.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 03:05 PM

44. +1

Reply to this post

Sun May 28, 2017, 09:49 AM

47. I love Malcolm Nance.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:08 AM

10. Who owns the so-called "liberal media"? Hint, it ain't the proletariat. - nt

Reply to this post

Response to KingCharlemagne (Reply #10)

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:45 AM

29. Bingo.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:15 PM

35. For sure, at MSNBC, we know they were told to dial it back

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 01:25 PM

40. Yeah I know what ya mean

Too many people don't realize or we just conveniently "forget."

The so-called "liberal media" won't change its tune until it becomes more profitable to take a different course of action.

You are right

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 02:33 PM

43. Depends on who you ask

Caution this video may not be suitable for all audiences. Strong Language.

Not only is the proletariat not in the running, they aren't even saddled up in the barn. We are owned lock, stock, and barrel.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 10:18 AM

13. I thought I was the only one screaming about this very same thing.

It's not just the media. Lot of democrats are doing the same damned thing when they get on a show. I'm sick to death of it. And this "breaking news" of breaking news thing. Everything is breaking news yet it's the same shit they've been reporting for hours.

They are desensitizing the public with this crap and its driving me nuts.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:06 AM

17. Let's ASSUME that he had legit reasons for wanting a back channel

And ignore how obviously stupid bypassing the intelligence agencies and State Department is.

He still took the Russian ambassador in through the back door and LIED ABOUT IT. "Wanting a private back channel" neither excuses nor justifies perjury and lying to the FBI.

It's just so clearly bullshit.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:07 AM

18. Don't watch the MSM. They are trying to normalize this. They HELPED this to happen.

Why give them your time and attention?

NOT. ONE. NEWS. SHOW. since the coup. Because it wasn't *news*, it was Russian propaganda.

Reply to this post

Response to LaydeeBug (Reply #18)

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:00 PM

33. Agreed

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:10 AM

19. Perhaps the media could bring themselves to simply REPORT the events .. & leave interpretation out

I realize that there is a risk associated with identifying a duck .... as a duck

And I understand that innocence is the given status until legally proven otherwise....

I also get that this is an unprecedented
un-presidency which puts the media in uncharted territory...

IMO
It would be far better if the media chose one of two approaches:
1. Just report the details...
Who, did what, when,
cite dates & locations &
supporting documentation
& cite sources as appropriate

Leaving the WHY (interpretation) up to the viewer/reader of the report....

If they just can't bring themselves to stay within the Joe Friday content parameters....
then at least present BOTH
the best/worst case scenario
Or most innocent / most nefarious possible motives

That way they
cover their asses regardless of what turns out later to be the 'accepted' motive/scenario ...
And
Can Satisfy their need to 'explain WHY' this event may have taken place....

IOW... either give us just the meat & bread
or give us the meat, bread & the entire array of condiments to choose from...
rather
than "fixing" the burger
according to their taste
before giving it to us.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:21 AM

20. Yes,m it's driving me crazy as well.

WTF!@? They think they are just being objective? Jesus help us!

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:29 AM

22. Unreal

They did not care if they would get caught. That's the way for oligarchs, zero morals, better to try to cover it up than to lose.

They thought if they won it would be easier to cover up. They sold their country out to win.

And the business ties to Russia have to be all encompassing. Would not surprise me if their are $Billions going back and forth. Maybe tens of $Billions in Tillerson's case.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:35 AM

23. They have a lot of air time to fill. nt

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:43 AM

26. Lets see if there are other undisclosed contacts, or if Russians are biggest part of undisclosed. nt

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:43 AM

27. Amen.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:46 AM

30. So if a cover up effort fails...

simply shift gears to "normalization". Hey folks, nothing new or untoward going on here! Now let's put this Russia stuff all to rest and set about destroying the health care system in order to pay for OUR OWN oligarchs' "tax relief".

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 11:54 AM

31. Sorry, other than one or two right wing guests, I didn't hear ANYONE on news shows making excuses.

Reply to this post

Response to George II (Reply #31)

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:13 PM

34. Nor have I

Most are taking this very seriously. I did check Fox a few times and never heard any of this mentioned.

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 12:40 PM

38. K & R

What politicaljunkie41910 said!

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 01:23 PM

39. It will help if we realize it's not "the media," it's just corporate profit-propaganda

Nothing more.
Granted there is legit journalism going on, but every time I hear this kind of "I can't believe this" reaction, it's always about the profit-info-tainment business and their outlets/employees.

Isn't it time we all realized this? They don't have any incentive to report objective journalism. It's never gonna happen.

For example- as much as misguided lovers of Rachel Maddow wish she'd "blow the lid off this, oh boy she is gonna school us!" -No she won't. Nothing will come of that shit, they are just doodling around for ratings and $$$. That's it, end of.

When the average Joe Schmo on the internet can scrounge up enough evidence for impeachment and prison-time, ya gotta ask yourself... if the corporate info-tainment shitheads were really "journalists" would this Garbage Clown have even made it through the primaries, let alone into office? Fuck no, it would have been squashed into laughable oblivion ages ago. No question.

Try getting news from independent/other sources. Best to remember the "Media" in this case is just corporate propaganda, they helped install this administration and it's high time we all realized that. They aren't out to help or educate us, they are there to reinforce the shareholder's investments. Nothing more.

We might as well yell at a cat for killing the canary when we leave the room. Best to remember... Fluffy is still gonna kill Mr. Featherbutt, that's just the way it is. Pointless to pretend. Not the best analogy at all, I realize. Sorry LOL

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 01:28 PM

41. A more important question: When will the

FBI, CIA, NSA, Republican held Congress stop the fucking insanity? This executive branch is infested with treasonous, greedy, lying bastards and needs to be taken down ... NOW!

Reply to this post

Sat May 27, 2017, 06:05 PM

46. Preach! The orders from Corporate HQTRS must be clear and threatening.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread