HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Historians agree. And Dem...

Tue Jun 13, 2017, 11:24 PM

Historians agree. And Democrats and Never Trumpers are shocked

satire warning

Today a survey of 1000 historians came out (a bigly number) rating US Presidents in their respective centuries and while there is some disagreements as to who the top 3 presidents are of the 19th Century; most say 1. Lincoln, 2 and 3 are varied between Jefferson, A. Jackson, Monroe and Madison.
There was less disagreement about the 20th Century 1 and 2 were Roosevelts (though which was better is disputed), third had four possibles: Truman, Reagan, LBJ and Clinton.
There was no disagreement by historians on the 21st Century US Presidents. They are in complete agreement that Donald Trump is the 3rd Greatest US President of the 21st Century.
"Trump better than Clinton and LBJ!" Sean Hannity began his show on Wednesday night.
"Take that Truman!" Trump tweeted almost immediately after the announcement
"See? Trump is the unanimous pick for 3rd best US President of the 21st Century." The couch sitters exclaimed. With Steve Doocy quickly pointing out, "This is huge! I mean, not even Ronald Reagan is a consensus 3rd best of his century." while the other two nodded in agreement.
"See?! My father is better in his century than Clinton was in his." Eric Trump told friends as they toasted the news with a common man's bottle of the most expensive wine imported from France.
Notables, such as Newt Gingrich, Paul Ryan, John Sununu and some drunken guy were quick to congratulate Trump. While his cabinet all immediately met and fawned over Trump's accomplishment.
"I don't think anyone has ever been given that kind of recognition so early in their presidency." HHS Secretary Tom Price pointed out. While Trump smiled and nodded in agreement.
"Yes. It is a great accomplishment. THIRD greatest US President of the 21st Century. "Just think what they'll be saying in 50 years."

7 replies, 3145 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Historians agree. And Democrats and Never Trumpers are shocked (Original post)
rpannier Jun 2017 OP
luvMIdog Jun 2017 #1
brer cat Jun 2017 #2
luvMIdog Jun 2017 #3
Amishman Jun 2017 #7
angstlessk Jun 2017 #4
edhopper Jun 2017 #5
nikibatts Jun 2017 #6

Response to rpannier (Original post)

Tue Jun 13, 2017, 11:32 PM

1. that's such a crock of shit. He hasn't even come up with healthcare. He has done nothing.

which bourbon soaked horse humping bar did those historians frequent to come to those conclusions?

damn I hope that was a joke you just posted.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to luvMIdog (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 13, 2017, 11:36 PM

2. Read it again.

There have only been three presidents *this* century, so ranking 3rd is last.

Reply to this post

Response to brer cat (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 13, 2017, 11:37 PM

3. oh sometimes I'm slow *blush* it's sad that because of people like me you have to put satire warning

Reply to this post

Response to brer cat (Reply #2)

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 08:59 AM

7. Technically Clinton would also be a 21st Century president

As his presidency ended in the 21st century.

So there really are 4.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 08:30 AM

4. The old car race between USA and Russia (only the two were in the race)

USA won the race, and the finish as described by Russia

Race between USSR & USA results...Russia came in second and USA came in next to last

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 08:42 AM

5. No doubt

Trump is in the top 50 Presidents of all time.

And will remain in that position for decades.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 08:49 AM

6. That's not even good satire.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread