HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » John Deere, CVS Caremark,...

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 03:29 PM

John Deere, CVS Caremark, MillerCoors, HP, and Best Buy will no longer fund ALEC

http://www.colorofchange.org/press/releases/2012/7/10/five-more-major-companies-will-no-longer-fund-alec/

ColorOfChange.org announced today that it has received word from five new companies that say they will no longer fund the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC): John Deere, CVS Caremark, MillerCoors, HP, and Best Buy.

"We want to thank these companies for making the right decision, and we continue to call on all major corporations to stop funding ALEC given its involvement in voter suppression and its work pushing policies designed to benefit rich and powerful corporations at the expense of people of color, workers, and the environment," said Rashad Robinson, Executive Director of ColorOfChange.org.

"We're continuing to reach out to corporations directly to tell them that now is the time to leave ALEC, and that our members are prepared to hold them publicly accountable if they refuse," Robinson said.

More than 100,000 ColorOfChange members have signed a petition calling on companies to stop funding ALEC. ColorOfChange members have made thousands of calls to companies supporting ALEC, and funded radio ads highlighting companies that continue to fund the group.
-snip-

4 replies, 1384 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply John Deere, CVS Caremark, MillerCoors, HP, and Best Buy will no longer fund ALEC (Original post)
onestepforward Jul 2012 OP
louis-t Jul 2012 #1
onestepforward Jul 2012 #2
progressoid Jul 2012 #3
HopeHoops Jul 2012 #4

Response to onestepforward (Original post)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 03:33 PM

1. Continue the fight.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to louis-t (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 03:37 PM

2. Yes!

Petitions can produce results!

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 03:58 PM

3. This is great but,

The cynic (realist) in me suggests that ALEC will retool and be reborn under a new name to continue it's destruction.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 10, 2012, 04:32 PM

4. Good. I'm typing on an HP and have CVS Caremark prescription coverage.

I don't have a John Deere (no need), don't drink Miller or Coors, and quit going to Best Buy a long time ago, but at least they did the right thing.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread