HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Get started Right now

Mon Jul 24, 2017, 07:10 PM

Get started Right now

Who is it in the Democratic Party that can get things started?
First, Democratic candidates being electable for every ballot in 2018.
Second, Someone, anyone that can take the reins and be nominated as a Democrat and win in 2020.

I know what 45 did to the Republican Party. I am not asking for that kind of turmoil. Simply, a candidate that can come out with a statement like “Hey 45, Put a sock in it”.

That would probably be a nice campaign slogan.
We could put that on hats, T-shirts, pin, banners, billboard signs.

Any recommendations?

2 replies, 1276 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Get started Right now (Original post)
apkhgp Jul 2017 OP
Weekend Warrior Jul 2017 #1
apkhgp Jul 2017 #2

Response to apkhgp (Original post)

Mon Jul 24, 2017, 07:28 PM

1. 2020 primary is going to be a bruiser.

I think there will be a number of Democrats licking their chops for a shot at Trump. We will probably have a large and diverse field of qualified candidates. The battle should be epic as they each try to stand out.

2018 should be a celebration for us. I really don't think many people are ok with what they are seeing. That should help to suppress the Republican vote across the board. If we field acceptable candidates we can really make some ground.

Gerrymandering, election tampering, voter suppression.... Those are things we must overcome. If we springboard into power these things must be addressed. A new VRA. Incentives for states to follow certain voting procedures. Paper ballot. Random and frequent audits. These things need to be dealt with as if our democracy hinges on them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Weekend Warrior (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 24, 2017, 07:33 PM

2. Very inciteful Weekend n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread