HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I really believe that nei...

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:11 PM

I really believe that neither the GOP nor the Dems will do anything to impeach Trump.

Lord knows they have plenty of reasons to now. I won't even bother to go through them because we all know what they are and came from Trumps mouth or his actions.

I don't think he will be impeached simply because he was preceded in office by Obama. A dignified, smart, respectful, black man, internationally liked, respected, and appreciated by many.

They won't be able to bring themselves to do it. It would be too painful to their psyche. Impeachment would, to them, only focus attention on the sharp contrast between the two men. As well, it would shine a bright light on their own envious biases. No they won't do it. The GOP will continue to tolerate this ignorant bloateous fascist and pretend it's because they want their agenda passed and he will do it (never mind that they could just as much and maybe more from Pence.) Just the one act of inviting the Russians into the Oval Office, without American press, and divulging classified info to them was enough to introduce articles of impeachment.

The Democrats won't do it for most of the same reasons AND it would recall for them how much they didn't support HRC in places where the stay-at-homes and 3rd party voters far out numbered the margin of victory for dumbass.

I haven't heard the HRC detractors or Bernie supporters criticize Trump half as much as they did HRC in final days of the campaign.

So, to all of you out there holding your breath for the final straw to break open the impeachment movement, don't do it. You will die holding your breath.

Just listen to the various spokespeople from all sides (except for some very brave and honest women) and you will understand what I am saying.

There is enough to impeach this con in the WH right now. But they won't do it. None of them will do it. Had HRC been President. with one tenth of the what Trump has said and done, impeachment would have been over last month.

9 replies, 1846 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply I really believe that neither the GOP nor the Dems will do anything to impeach Trump. (Original post)
nikibatts Jul 2017 OP
guillaumeb Jul 2017 #1
Chasstev365 Jul 2017 #2
nikibatts Jul 2017 #5
emulatorloo Jul 2017 #6
no_hypocrisy Jul 2017 #3
emulatorloo Jul 2017 #4
bettyellen Jul 2017 #9
bdamomma Jul 2017 #7
Hamlette Jul 2017 #8

Response to nikibatts (Original post)

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:20 PM

1. Well written.

As to Bernie backers not criticizing Trump, I reserve my Trump attacks for Discussionist. It seems to drive the more insane Trump supporters crazy.

On edit: Recommended.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:22 PM

2. EVERYONE on the Left hates Trumps guts!

Implying otherwise is divisive and not helpful!

Reply to this post

Response to Chasstev365 (Reply #2)

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:26 PM

5. Not trying to be divisive. Just expressing my opinion based on some facts.

I won't cite those from the "left" who openly said that because i would be accused of something I am not trying to do.

Sometimes truth is hurtful.

Reply to this post

Response to nikibatts (Reply #5)

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:28 PM

6. Nebulous feelings aren't 'facts'.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:23 PM

3. I think the reminstration should be aimed at republicans.

They are way too partisan to put country first and party second.

Plus, what have they to lose? They still have Mike Pence to sign their rancid bills that might get a better chance of passing if he goes from republican to republican to get their votes.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:24 PM

4. Sorry, I have no interest in trashing Adam Schiff or Senator Warner because of a 'belief' you have.

Reply to this post

Response to emulatorloo (Reply #4)

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:36 PM

9. This, I think the evidence is piling up and Dems will push harder as more comes up.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:29 PM

7. I think

WE need to put it on the table, cause this regime will destroy this country or have they done it already.

Reply to this post

Wed Jul 26, 2017, 09:32 PM

8. I call BS. He will be impeached IF the base turns on him. Until then the GOP would lose votes.

And as soon as the base turns on Trump (I don't think they will but all things are possible) the Dems will support it too.

Until then, the Dems don't have the power to do anything about it.

And as much as I hate Trump voters, I'm pretty pissed at people who sat out the 2010 election, national and state. It was more important than any election in the last 17 years.

2020 will be nearly as important. Gerrymander baby!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread