HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Felix Sater, shady figure...

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 12:40 PM

Felix Sater, shady figure and boastful salesman, saw Putin as key to Trump win

Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Deal Will Get Donald Elected
Source: New York Times

WASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?referer=&_r=0

2 replies, 2015 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Felix Sater, shady figure and boastful salesman, saw Putin as key to Trump win (Original post)
MelissaB Aug 2017 OP
Achilleaze Aug 2017 #1
MelissaB Aug 2017 #2

Response to MelissaB (Original post)

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 12:42 PM

1. Gawd-foresaken republican TreasonWeasels

....should be condemned to Siberia for selling out America and American democracy.

Shame shame shame on the corrupt, treasonous republicans against America.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MelissaB (Original post)

Mon Aug 28, 2017, 12:44 PM

2. Baby cannon goes boom... again.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread