HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Afraid I don't see the jo...

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 06:45 PM

Afraid I don't see the journalistic or civic justification for giving nonstop national (vs regional)

Kurt Andersen‏Verified account @KBAndersen Sep 11 HE IS THE GENIUS LAWRENCE HAS ON OFTEN. JUST PUBLISHED FANTASYLAND. BRILLIANT BOOK.

Afraid I don't see the journalistic or civic justification for giving nonstop national (vs regional) days-long news coverage to hurricanes.

3 replies, 933 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Afraid I don't see the journalistic or civic justification for giving nonstop national (vs regional) (Original post)
jodymarie aimee Sep 2017 OP
dottie66 Sep 2017 #1
marybourg Sep 2017 #2
LAS14 Sep 2017 #3

Response to jodymarie aimee (Original post)

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 06:52 PM

1. I agree. I'm concerned but would like general news coverage to continue too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 07:09 PM

2. It's not news coverage; it's entertainment.

If it's journalism or civic responsibility you're looking for, ditch the cable TV subscription and patronize and support the NY Times, The Washington Post, NPR and PBS.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 08:51 PM

3. I agree. I'm especially concerned about the loss of donations to the victims...

... of the Mexican earthquake. A local NPR show guest was of the opinion that CNN saw the chance to make their careers with reporting the biggest hurricane ever and just dumped all resources in Florida - couldn't cover anything else. Self indulgent on their part.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread