HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "God, why didn't you answ...

Tue Oct 3, 2017, 08:59 AM

"God, why didn't you answer my paryers?"

Last edited Wed Oct 4, 2017, 07:26 PM - Edit history (2)

There was a flood in a city in which this devoted Christian lived. He stood on his roof as the water rose. He prayed, "God, please save me. Please don't let me drown."

Just as he finished his prayer, a man appeared in a row boat. "Get in", he shouted to the man on his roof. "No", said the man on the roof, "the Lord will save me". 15 minutes later, a helicopter appeared, and dropped a rope ladder to the man on the roof, "no need to bother. The Lord will save me", said the man on the roof. A half hour later, with the man on the roof now up to his neck in water, a man in a raft appeared and said, "Jump in, Jump in, or you will surely drown". The man on the roof still remained faithful. "The Lord will not let me down, He will answer my prayers". Eventually, the man on the roof did drown, and met the Lord in heaven. The man said to his Lord, "Why did you let me drown. Why didn't you answer my prayers?" and the Lord replied, "who do you think sent the boat, the helicopter and the raft?"

We can pray all we want after another mass killing tragedy, but stricter gun laws are the Lord's version of the boat, the helicopter and the raft.

4 replies, 1727 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply "God, why didn't you answer my paryers?" (Original post)
louis c Oct 2017 OP
louis c Oct 2017 #1
louis c Oct 2017 #2
WinkyDink Oct 2017 #3
HAB911 Oct 2017 #4

Response to louis c (Original post)

Tue Oct 3, 2017, 07:39 PM

1. Kick

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to louis c (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 4, 2017, 06:41 AM

2. kick in the AM

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 4, 2017, 06:51 AM

3. "..stricter gun laws are the Lord's version of the boat, the helicopter and the raft." GD BRILLIANT!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 4, 2017, 08:13 AM

4. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread