HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 45 Supporters: next time ...

Tue Nov 28, 2017, 05:25 PM

45 Supporters: next time you see your face in the mirror...

20 years ago the third city in France, Marseille, was about to fall in the hands of the French Populist party, FN led by Le Pen. Controversial businessman Bernard Tapie then got pretty involved to prevent this election. He was very active in shaming the electors themselves.

his view: "Let's stop finding excuses for FN voters. Let's stop saying that Le Pen is a moron but that his constituents must be understood, that they have difficult problems. If we judge that Le Pen is a moron, then those who vote for him are also morons. "

At a FN rally which he was attending, he was invited to speak by Gollnish to show how democratic the FN was, and he said that:

Lets take all the immigrants, men, women, children, we put them on boats, and we send them very far away. The Public cheered loudly. "And when they are far enough, to be sure they do not come back, we sink the boat. New loud cheers.

Bernard Tapie then took a completely different tone and launched to the public:
"I was not mistaken about you. I spoke of a massacre, a genocide, to kill men, women and children; and you applauded. Tomorrow, when you shave or make up, when you see your face in the mirror, just puke on it.

Needless to say the exist was ..lively.. but the FN also dropped substantially and never took Marseille.

3 replies, 816 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 45 Supporters: next time you see your face in the mirror... (Original post)
TheHak Nov 2017 OP
brush Nov 2017 #1
lagomorph777 Nov 2017 #2
LanternWaste Nov 2017 #3

Response to TheHak (Original post)

Tue Nov 28, 2017, 05:45 PM

1. Oh, I like that. Thanks for posting it and welcome to DU.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 28, 2017, 05:48 PM

2. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Trump voters are evil and they need to be shamed loudly and often.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 28, 2017, 05:52 PM

3. a narrative that we must "understand" and "find common ground"

There was a narrative here seven months ago (a rather idiotic one in my opinion) that I must "understand", "find common ground", and soothe the savagery of Trump voters to enable the Democrats to win in '18/'20.

No one every supported that narrative with any evidence. Mssr. Tapie most likely knows why as well.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread