HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Science Fiction and the R...

Mon Dec 11, 2017, 06:41 PM

Science Fiction and the Republican Party

Are science fiction writers Prophets?? Do some of them have a portal into the future?? Perhaps!!
Over the years I have read many science fiction books about the takeover of the world by corporations and robots.
The authors and titles escape me. Most of them state that robots are better suited for work because they do not demand wages, no benefits and can be shut down when not needed. Corporations are better because they can see the big picture and are not concerned with petty little people concerns.
This new tax bill makes this perfectly clear, the aim of the republicans is to make the masses obsolete. More money to corporations will allow them to replace workers with robots. As stated in another DU post.
At some point in the future corporations will control the world as we know it with the help of robots

2 replies, 688 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Science Fiction and the Republican Party (Original post)
Angry Dragon Dec 2017 OP
dchill Dec 2017 #1
sfwriter Dec 2017 #2

Response to Angry Dragon (Original post)

Mon Dec 11, 2017, 06:46 PM

1. Yep. We're going to need RoboCop.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Angry Dragon (Original post)

Mon Dec 11, 2017, 10:09 PM

2. We read the same tea leaves as you...

Right now, we're struggling with the grim shift in tea leaves from corporate dystopia to environmental apocalypse.

Corporate dystopias are at least 50 years old at this point. Go back and read John Brunner.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread