HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Alaska (Group) » Emails sent to Alaskans o...

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 08:06 PM

Emails sent to Alaskans on Tuesday warned them to "vote for Trump or else"

Alaskans across the state received emails Tuesday morning warning them to “vote for Trump or else,” in an incident that’s drawn the attention of the FBI and the state Division of Elections.

In emails and social media posts, more than a dozen Alaskans reported that messages were sent to people in Anchorage, Eagle River, Soldotna, Kenai, Homer, Juneau, Sitka, Petersburg, Ketchikan, Bristol Bay, Denali Park, Palmer and the Fairbanks area.

News reports from Florida indicated that the same messages were sent to at least 183 voters there.

In a copy of the email shared by Anchorage resident Kane Stanton, the sender told Stanton that “we are in possession of all your information (email, address, telephone).”

Read more: https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/10/21/alaskans-report-emails-warning-to-vote-for-trump-or-else/

2 replies, 524 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Emails sent to Alaskans on Tuesday warned them to "vote for Trump or else" (Original post)
TexasTowelie Oct 2020 OP
Pantagruel Oct 2020 #1
PoindexterOglethorpe Oct 2020 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 08:17 PM

1. People- It's mostly public info

Alaska

AS §15.07.127, §15.07.195

Anyone can request a copy of the list or an electronic format.

Names, addresses, party affiliation.

Age or DOB, any part of SSN, DL number, voter ID number, place of birth, signature.

Not specified.

A voter may elect in writing to keep the voter's residential address confidential if the voter provides a separate mailing address.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Oct 21, 2020, 11:16 PM

2. And how do the senders of those emails expect to know

just how their targets vote?

I'm awaiting a coherent answer. I mean, no matter how you vote, it's still a secret ballot, right?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread