HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Massive fire engulfs Lond...

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 04:06 AM

Massive fire engulfs London high-rise, leaving 'a number of fatalities'

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: ABC News

Massive fire engulfs London high-rise, leaving 'a number of fatalities'
By KARMA ALLEN DAVID CAPLAN JOSHUA HOYOS Jun 14, 2017, 4:29 AM ET

A massive fire engulfed a residential high-rise building in London on Wednesday, leaving scores injured and an undetermined amount of people dead.

The London Fire Brigade dispatched at least 40 fire engines, 20 ambulance crews and 200 firefighters in an effort to battle the conflagration at the 24-story Grenfell Tower in West London.

A representative for the London Fire Brigade said there had been "a number of fatalities," but declined to say how many people had died.

"This is an unprecedented incident," London Fire Commissioner Dany Cotton told reporters. "In my 29 years of being a firefighter, I have never ever seen anything of this scale."

[img][/img]

[img]
/photo/1[/img]

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/International/fire-engulfs-london-high-rise-400-fire-engines/story?id=48020634

Horrific....

1 replies, 3273 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Massive fire engulfs London high-rise, leaving 'a number of fatalities' (Original post)
Chicago1980 Jun 2017 OP
DonViejo Jun 2017 #1

Response to Chicago1980 (Original post)

Wed Jun 14, 2017, 07:09 AM

1. Locking...

Duplicate of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141798819. At best, this is an update of that OP, please join the ongoing conversation in that thread.

From the SOP of the LBN Forum:

Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink