HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump Lawyers to Continue...

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 05:36 PM

Trump Lawyers to Continue Talks With Mueller on Interview

Source: Bloomberg News

By Shannon Pettypiece
January 12, 2018, 3:12 PM EST

Lawyers for President Donald Trump are expected to continue talks next week with Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his team about an interview with the president, despite comments from Trump suggesting an interview is unlikely.

The lawyers may speak by phone with Muellerís team as early as next Tuesday and are continuing an exchange over logistics, said a person briefed on the situation. Working out those details could take several weeks and a series of additional phone calls, the person said. Trump lawyer John Dowd declined to comment on his communications with the special counselís office.

Mueller, whoís investigating Russia meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign and whether anyone close to Trump colluded in it, has also indicated he would like to call back several White House staffers who were interviewed early on to ask about additional information he has received, the person said. The interviews are expected to be brief and donít necessarily indicate significant changes in the investigation, according to the person.

Among those who have been interviewed by Muellerís team are Trumpís son-in-law Jared Kushner, White House Counsel Don McGahn, former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, former spokesman Sean Spicer and National Security Council chief of staff Keith Kellogg, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-12/trump-lawyers-said-to-continue-talks-with-mueller-on-interview

6 replies, 743 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Lawyers to Continue Talks With Mueller on Interview (Original post)
DonViejo Friday OP
rzemanfl Friday #1
pecosbob Friday #2
BumRushDaShow Friday #3
Irish_Dem Friday #4
blaze Friday #5
lindysalsagal Saturday #6

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 05:39 PM

1. They probably are offering money for a non-disclosure agreement. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 05:55 PM

2. Talk to us now, or talk to us later in cuffs.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 06:14 PM

3. "despite comments from Trump suggesting an interview is unlikely"

He WILL be "interviewed"... whether it be by phone/video and/or deposition or an in-person appearance somewhere (including a Grand Jury). And the "negotiation" means picking the date/time for "voluntary" and if not voluntary, then he'll get a subpoena.

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 06:34 PM

4. I wonder how long Trump can stall this process. nt

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #3)

Fri Jan 12, 2018, 06:42 PM

5. I wonder if we all start saying tRump doesn't have the balls to talk to Mueller...

Maybe we could help nudge him along.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 13, 2018, 08:37 PM

6. IQ 45's conditions:

(You have to channel a frump impersonater's voice)

"I'll need an ergonomic chair, for posture, imported, bottled filtered spring water, no ice, side movie lighting, no flourescents, and you can only ask me about three things: my ivy league education, how I'm making america great again, and my humongous hands...."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread