HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Conservatives target Ocas...

Tue Mar 5, 2019, 09:49 PM

Conservatives target Ocasio-Cortez's 'Green New Deal' in New York billboards

Source: Reuters

(Reuters) - A pro-business group unveiled two billboards targeting Democratic congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in New York City on Tuesday, criticizing her proposal for a “Green New Deal” aimed at building a renewable energy economy.

The digital billboards on the side of a skyscraper in Manhattan’s Times Square are the latest broadside against the 29-year-old liberal known as “AOC,” by the Job Creators Network, founded by billionaire Bernard Marcus, a former chief executive of Home Depot Inc.

Representative Ocasio-Cortez, whose district includes parts of the New York City boroughs of the Bronx and Queens, has sought to push her party to the left on environmental and economic issues. She was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in November in an upset victory over a more mainstream Democratic incumbent.

<snip>

“Hey AOC, you’re the ‘boss’?” read one billboard. “WE DON’T THINK SO. The American PEOPLE are the boss,” said the other sign, with a link to a website critical of the “Green New Deal.”

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-ocasio-cortez/conservatives-target-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-in-new-york-billboards-idUSKCN1QN026

She is being attacked by the 'JOB CREATORS NETWORK'?? What an original name!

7 replies, 1063 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conservatives target Ocasio-Cortez's 'Green New Deal' in New York billboards (Original post)
NeoConsSuck Mar 5 OP
Gore1FL Mar 5 #1
jcmaine72 Mar 5 #3
forgotmylogin Mar 5 #2
jcmaine72 Mar 5 #4
iluvtennis Mar 6 #5
TryLogic Mar 6 #6
Joe Nation Mar 6 #7

Response to NeoConsSuck (Original post)

Tue Mar 5, 2019, 10:07 PM

1. I love that she drives them crazy.

She skillfully disarms them every time they attack. I hope she picks up steam.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Gore1FL (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 5, 2019, 10:38 PM

3. Yes!

Among her many positive attributes, this ranks among my favorites.

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 5, 2019, 10:32 PM

2. A first-year congressperson wouldn't get this much attention if she didn't scare them.

Looks like she's on the right track!

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 5, 2019, 10:41 PM

4. The Cons are incapacitated with fear on the tracks, and they see the train coming.

Don't you know scared people when you see them? They have no future, and they know it.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 6, 2019, 12:23 AM

5. What a-holes.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 6, 2019, 12:41 AM

6. I have noticed that the persons who are attacked most heavily by right wing monsters are...

I have noticed that the persons who are attacked most heavily by right wing monsters are…

those who would challenge profiteering businesses (big banks, payday lenders, pharmaceuticals, big oil, etc.).

those who would challenge the greedy class, A.K.A., the billionaire class.

those who speak truth to power.

those who challenge the politicians who have much power due to seniority. (I noticed at the Cohen hearing it was the more senior Republicans who became crazy, out-of-their-minds hostile.)

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 6, 2019, 10:39 AM

7. Then you win

Gandhi said: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread