HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Rod Rosenstein Breaks Sil...

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:42 PM

Rod Rosenstein Breaks Silence on Barr's Handling of the Mueller Report, Calls Criticism 'Bizarre'

Source: Law & Crime

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was the person who appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel in the first place, due to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions recusal from overseeing the Russia probe. Ever since William Barr was installed as Attorney General, Rosenstein has been an increasingly invisible figure, even though he apparently agreed with Barr that the evidence “wasn’t sufficient” to allege that President Donald Trump obstructed justice.

Rosenstein, having witnessed the backlash over Barr’s four-page letter detailing Mueller’s “principal conclusions,” decided to comment on recent events Thursday in the Wall Street Journal.

Rosenstein stated the idea that Barr is trying to be deceptive is off-base and “bizarre.”

“He’s being as forthcoming as he can, and so this notion that he’s trying to mislead people, I think is just completely bizarre,” he said.

Read more: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/rod-rosenstein-breaks-silence-on-barrs-handling-of-the-mueller-report-calls-criticism-bizarre/

20 replies, 4178 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rod Rosenstein Breaks Silence on Barr's Handling of the Mueller Report, Calls Criticism 'Bizarre' (Original post)
Calista241 Apr 2019 OP
Baltimike Apr 2019 #1
Bernardo de La Paz Apr 2019 #15
BigmanPigman Apr 2019 #2
yaesu Apr 2019 #3
RockRaven Apr 2019 #4
YOHABLO Apr 2019 #5
watoos Apr 2019 #6
CharleyDog Apr 2019 #10
rockfordfile Apr 2019 #20
Rebl2 Apr 2019 #17
question everything Apr 2019 #7
dlk Apr 2019 #8
DURHAM D Apr 2019 #9
denvine Apr 2019 #11
BootinUp Apr 2019 #12
deurbano Apr 2019 #13
iluvtennis Apr 2019 #14
Hugin Apr 2019 #16
Maxheader Apr 2019 #18
rockfordfile Apr 2019 #19

Response to Calista241 (Original post)

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:47 PM

1. Never forget Rosenstein was part of the Ken Starr report, so this is *rich* coming from him.

I hope the tweet takes you to the pic

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Baltimike (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 06:19 AM

15. That tweeter hates Democrats and is irrational. Why have you hung your hat on him?

He seems like a Q conspiracist.

12. We know that the Dems are very gullible and that their IQ is very low.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:52 PM

2. When the report was first released and I read that he

worked with Barr on it someone noted that he was possibly saving his own ass. He was involved with obstruction with Comey so that could be the reason.

* On another note, I just found out last week, when I Googled my old high school, that he graduated two years after me. It was a tiny, suburban high school but I didn't know him. My family is all Dems so maybe that is a good thing.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:53 PM

3. I'm not trust the investigation, period. Rosenstein was definitely a tRump tool. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:58 PM

4. "Rod is a survivor" -- I don't think Comey meant that as a compliment

Rod is going to do what is good for Rod. He wrote the "Comey should be fired" letter because it was good for himself to do so -- his boss and boss's boss already made it clear they were firing Comey, so refusing would just mean his firing too.

Then Trump and Sessions threw him under the bus, so he did what was good for salvaging his reputation and appointed a Special Counsel. While Sessions was AG, letting Mueller do his thing without interference was good for Rod because Sessions was recused and Mueller's rep was above reproach (in corporate media anyway). Now that he's got a boss again, doing his boss's bidding is what is best for Rod, so he is.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 09:59 PM

5. They're all as thick as thieves. I don't trust any of them at this point. All are club members.

It's the rich and powerful against the average working man and woman. Might as well go down with a fight the best way we can.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:05 PM

6. I don't know what to think of Rosenstein,

I thought he was supposed to be gone by now? Most likely someone worse would replace him.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #6)

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:20 PM

10. Rosenstein, Rosenstein, what is your deal? Are you Wormtongue or are you Mr. Clean?

Mr. Rosenstein you look the part, but do you have a black heart?

Reply to this post

Response to CharleyDog (Reply #10)

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 03:32 PM

20. What are you talking about? He' a Republican.

Reply to this post

Response to watoos (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 10:05 AM

17. That's what

I thought. Why is he still there.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:08 PM

7. If and when he writes a book about his days at the White House - should be interesing

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:12 PM

8. No Doubt, There Has Been Hell to Pay for Appointing Mueller in the First Place

Rosenstein appears to be doing his best to make amends.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:13 PM

9. all you need to know about him is that is a member of

The Federal Society. end of story

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:22 PM

11. Prove it!

They should be happy to exonerate 45! Release the full report!

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:30 PM

12. Go F yourself, Rosenstein. Nt

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 10:35 PM

13. I never understood why this didn't get more attention: "Rosenstein praises 'Lincolnesque' Trump"

http://www.jewishaz.com/us_worldnews/rosenstein-praises-lincolnesque-trump/article_bd428478-53b6-11e8-88db-fba784f207f5.html

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

<<Embattled Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told a Washington audience Sunday that President Donald Trump’s words after last year’s deadly white supremacist march in Charlottesville represented a message of unity that needed to be heard during a divisive period in American history.

Following the murder of a counterprotester by a white nationalist, Trump said, “You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. … You also had some very fine people on both sides.”

“President Trump recognized last August that no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag and we are all made by the same almighty God,” Rosenstein said at the Anti-Defamation League’s annual leadership summit...

Rosenstein said Trump’s call for more tolerance after the Charlottesville rally resembled President Abraham Lincoln’s 1861 inaugural address. In that speech, the 16th president urged unity despite bitter divisions between the North and the South over slavery.

“Lincoln insisted his opponents were not enemies, because we were all Americans,” Rosenstein said. “He concluded his inaugural address by appealing to the better angels of our nature. President Trump echoed that statement with his remarks last summer of ‘we must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.’”...

“When victims are attacked because of their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation, there are laws that empower [the Justice Department] to respond,” he said. “Enforcing those laws is important to President Trump and Attorney General Sessions.”>>

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 11, 2019, 11:09 PM

14. Rod R, so release the full report with only grand jury and intelligence methods redacted.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 08:13 AM

16. This from the person who actively discussed the 25th for Trump early on?

and wasn't there something about a "wire"?

Hmm... Doesn't stack up.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 12:27 PM

18. Everybody needs to look back at all the ..

accusations cheetox and the wingers in the house and senate
made about rosenstein during the mueller investigation...He was
biased, he was involved with mueller on a witch hunt..etc. He
should be cut loose...and why wasn't he? Because all the angst
was a put on...The wingers knew he was going to fall in line at
the end..because he is a winger...and obliged and owing to all
the 1%ers that wanted the yellow haired traitor exonerated...

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 12, 2019, 03:28 PM

19. Rosenstein is just another un-American republican

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread