HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Pelosi invites Trump to d...

Fri Dec 20, 2019, 01:12 PM

Pelosi invites Trump to deliver State of the Union on Feb. 4

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Omaha Steve (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Politico

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has invited President Donald Trump to deliver the State of the Union address on Tuesday, Feb. 4.

Pelosi extended the invitation in a letter to the president on Friday.

The invitation comes just days after the House impeached Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The timing means Trump could deliver the annual address as the Senate presides over his impeachment trial.

Read more: https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2019/12/20/pelosi-invites-trump-to-deliver-state-of-the-union-on-feb-4-088744?__twitter_impression=true

3 replies, 671 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pelosi invites Trump to deliver State of the Union on Feb. 4 (Original post)
Jose Garcia Dec 2019 OP
WhiteTara Dec 2019 #1
dubyadiprecession Dec 2019 #2
Omaha Steve Dec 2019 #3

Response to Jose Garcia (Original post)

Fri Dec 20, 2019, 01:26 PM

1. Well, that will give him a fantasy to

contemplate and work on and perhaps not blowing up the world. She's so much smarter than me. I would have denied it to him. But that's why she's Speaker and I'm not.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Dec 20, 2019, 01:26 PM

2. What a mixed message that is.

We’re impeaching you, but please carry on and do your job??

Fri Dec 20, 2019, 01:28 PM

3. After a review by forum hosts....LOCKING

Dupe. See the earlier post here: https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142410300

Statement of Purpose
Post the latest news from reputable mainstream news websites and blogs. Important news of national interest only. No analysis or opinion pieces. No duplicates. News stories must have been published within the last 12 hours. Use the published title of the story as the title of the discussion thread.