HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » They survived fire and to...

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 08:41 AM

They survived fire and toxic fumes. So what happened next to Notre Dame's bees?

Source: The Guardian

Hives that survived catastrophic Paris cathedral blaze are healthier than ever, says beekeeper

Fri 31 Jan 2020 01.00 ESTLast modified on Fri 31 Jan 2020 04.51 EST

It is a crisp winter morning and the area around Notre Dame is sealed off as it has been since the fire last April that devastated the cathedral.

Those in the know, however, especially those with the keenest of eyes, might spot some small movement high up to the south of the stricken and blackened structure.

The bees of Notre Dame, whose escape from the inferno seemed almost miraculous, are thriving and conserving their energy ready to produce honey this summer, just as they have every year since they took up residence on the sacristy roof in 2013.

Nearly 10 months after the Paris cathedral was ravaged by fire, the three colonies are healthier than ever, according to their beekeeper.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/31/they-survived-fire-and-lead-poisoning-so-what-happened-next-to-notre-dames-bees-aoe

2 replies, 1367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply They survived fire and toxic fumes. So what happened next to Notre Dame's bees? (Original post)
usaf-vet Jan 2020 OP
hlthe2b Jan 2020 #1
rictofen Jan 2020 #2

Response to usaf-vet (Original post)

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 09:09 AM

1. Thankfully. I was afraid to read beyondthe subject line...

Too much tragedy and bad news...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to usaf-vet (Original post)

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 05:14 PM

2. I heard they went to the yellowjacket protests

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread