HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Trump Administration Curb...

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 04:51 PM

Trump Administration Curbs Immigration for Additional 6 Countries in Election-Year Push to Restrict

Source: Time/AP

(WASHINGTON) ó The Trump administration announced Friday that it was curbing legal immigration from six additional countries that officials said did not meet security standards, as part of an election-year push to further restrict immigration.

Officials said immigrants from Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Eritrea, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania will face new restrictions in obtaining certain visas to come to the United States. But it is not a total travel ban, unlike President Donald Trumpís earlier effort that generated outrage around the world for unfairly targeting Muslims.

Trump was expected to sign a proclamation on the restrictions as early as Friday.

The announcement comes as President Donald Trump tries to promote his administrationís crackdown on immigration, highlighting a signature issue that motivated his supporters in 2016 and hoping it has the same affect this November. The administration recently announced a crackdown on birth tourism and is noting the sharp decline in crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border and citing progress on building the border wall.

Read more: https://time.com/5775596/trump-travel-ban-expansion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=u.s._&linkId=81556915

3 replies, 1150 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Administration Curbs Immigration for Additional 6 Countries in Election-Year Push to Restrict (Original post)
demmiblue Jan 2020 OP
keithbvadu2 Jan 2020 #1
Maxheader Jan 2020 #2
Haggis for Breakfast Jan 2020 #3

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 06:49 PM

1. But no restrictions for the country that provided most of the 9-11 terrorists?

But no restrictions for the country that provided most of the 9-11 terrorists?

Trump, August 2015: I make $40 million, $50 million from Saudi Arabia. I like them very much.

?ref_src=

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 08:53 PM

2. Sign all the b.s. laws you want stumpy..

The libs will just overturn them all after november...asshat..

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 31, 2020, 09:06 PM

3. You know DAMNED well that trumpie

couldn't SPELL the names of these nations, much less find them on a map. And WHY Kyrgyzstan ? Or Burma ?

I see the slimy hands of Stephen Miller all over this.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread