HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » First U.S coronavirus cas...

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 07:48 PM

First U.S coronavirus case of unknown origin confirmed in Northern California, a sign the virus may

Source: Washington Post

First U.S coronavirus case of unknown origin confirmed in Northern California, a sign the virus may be spreading in a local area

BREAKING: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been informed of the first case of the coronavirus in a person who did not recently return from a foreign country or have contact with a confirmed case, according to a person briefed on the case. Officials have begun tracing the contacts of the resident to find out how the person may have been infected and who else might have been exposed...

This is a developing story. It will be updated.

A new case of coronavirus was confirmed in the United States on Wednesday as several other countries also confirmed new cases and deaths, and President Trump called for a 6:30 p.m. news conference with officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and others to discuss the spread of the virus. He accused the media of stoking panic about financial markets.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/coronavirus-china-live-updates/2020/02/26/f889693a-580e-11ea-9000-f3cffee23036_story.html

This broke as the dotard was self-fellating on live TV.

12 replies, 1785 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to malchickiwick (Original post)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 07:49 PM

1. We will see more.

Screening testing is incredibly poorly available right now. That's why Schumer and others are so adamant about the lack of funding and serious administrative response to date.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 07:54 PM

2. I think we are going to find there is community spread on

other locations as well.

Reply to this post

Response to dewsgirl (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:14 PM

5. It's all those Mexicans spreading it around, that is what it is. Once the wall is finished there

won't be any more virus.. Has he said that yet?

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:15 PM

6. I'm sure it's coming.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:21 PM

8. He claimed it would just go away

...once it gets warmer. Hey, he's a knowledgeable guy. /sarcasm

Are we sure it isn't Obama, though? Sure, he didn't succeed in spreading Ebola across America, but that doesn't mean he gave up trying!! /also sarcasm

Reply to this post

Response to Grokenstein (Reply #8)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:35 PM

11. The flu usually does, but I think it may go away because people are not stuck together.

The Arkansas flu is starting to die out right now, the peak was 2 weeks ago according to the data.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:01 PM

3. Is everyone who feels like they are coming down with cold or flu

running to get tested? Are they recommending that?

Reply to this post

Response to BusyBeingBest (Reply #3)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:04 PM

4. No. Further, if you think it might be the coronavirus: CALL AHEAD TO THE HOSPITAL or DRs OFFICE. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:18 PM

7. Does anyone know in which city or community in Northern CA this case has occurred?

On edit: I just saw that the CDC is choosing not to release the location.

Reply to this post

Response to Mrs. Overall (Reply #7)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:23 PM

9. Maybe Humboldt County?

Reply to this post

Response to Grokenstein (Reply #9)

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:24 PM

10. No--that case has been on the map for over a week, so I'm assuming it's not that one.

I saw a news story last week that said that someone in Napa County might have the virus--perhaps that has been confirmed?

Reply to this post

Response to Mrs. Overall (Reply #7)

Thu Feb 27, 2020, 12:56 AM

12. It says Solano County and that is where Travis Air Force base is, where they are housing

the people from the cruise ship. So, I bet it is some exposure that is related to that.

Just my guess. The local article reported that the hospital asked for testing bu the CDC refused to do it until something like 3 days later.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread