HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » How a Proud Boys leader w...

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 09:16 AM

How a Proud Boys leader with a felony record got into the White House

Source: Rawstory

The chairman of the white nationalist Proud Boys group, a convicted felon, posted photos from inside the White House gates ahead of a violent pro-Trump rally in Washington DC on Saturday, raising new questions about the president’s apparent embrace of the right-wing agitators.

Enrique Tarrio revealed that he visited the executive mansion on Saturday after receiving a “last-minute invite to an undisclosed location.” The White House later said that Tarrio had not been invited, but had instead taken part in a holiday tour. “He was on a public White House Christmas tour,” White House spokesperson Judd Deere said over the weekend. “He did not have a meeting with the president, nor did the White House invite him.”

White House public tours are self-guided, and anyone who wants one, including Christmas tours, must apply no fewer than 21 days ahead of their booking date because the application includes a security form and background check. Hopefuls with a felony are generally denied, a former Trump White House official told Salon, unless a senior member of the administration intervenes.

In 2013, Tarrio, also known as Henry Tarrio Jr, was convicted of two class C, one class D and one class E felonies for stealing and reselling $1.2 million worth of diabetes test strips from Abbott Labs, and served 16 months in federal prison. Court records show that he was released in December 2014 with two years probation, and ordered to pay restitution for the full $1.2 million.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/how-a-proud-boys-leader-with-a-felony-record-got-into-the-white-house/

Lots more in the article.

12 replies, 2475 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply How a Proud Boys leader with a felony record got into the White House (Original post)
Roisin Ni Fiachra Dec 2020 OP
EarthFirst Dec 2020 #1
Kid Berwyn Dec 2020 #2
GopherGal Dec 2020 #4
FM123 Dec 2020 #8
twodogsbarking Dec 2020 #3
not fooled Dec 2020 #5
bluestarone Dec 2020 #6
onetexan Dec 2020 #7
Judi Lynn Dec 2020 #9
mdbl Dec 2020 #10
Politicub Dec 2020 #11
LudwigPastorius Dec 2020 #12

Response to Roisin Ni Fiachra (Original post)

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 09:46 AM

1. Give it some time...

These morons are not generally known for their intelligence.

A social media post will likely soon surface with a photograph depicting exactly who he had contact with inside the White House.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 10:29 AM

2. Sounds like Trump's kind of guy.

Felonious.

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 11:03 AM

4. Just surprised he got out of there

without a job offer.
Probably just interviewing to be on Lame Duck a L'orange's legal team.

Reply to this post

Response to GopherGal (Reply #4)

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 01:00 PM

8. Lame Duck a L'orange' - perfect name!

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 10:51 AM

3. I thought this was a story about

the 2016 Presidential election.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

5. I thought it was about

a White House staffer.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

6. Well i've always believed the opposite of what they say, so

I WON'T change my way of thinking here. The TRUTH will come out.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 11:18 AM

7. the Con allowed the Russians in. Heck, why not the Nazis?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 01:29 PM

9. A "Florida Man" Proud Boy. From his Wikipedia:

Political views
In regards to his views on extremist groups and ideologies, Tarrio has been quoted as saying, "I denounce white supremacy. I denounce anti-Semitism. I denounce racism. I denounce fascism. I denounce communism and any other -ism that is prejudice towards people because of their race, religion, culture, tone of skin."[28] In regards to his own ethnicity, he has said, "I'm pretty brown, I'm Cuban. There's nothing white supremacist about me."[20]

After Tarrio confronted and shouted expletives at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in Coral Gables in late 2018, the chairman of the Miami-Dade Republican Party apologized and Senator Rubio compared the disruptors to the "repudiation mobs Castro has long ago used in Cuba."[1]

In 2018, Twitter removed Tarrio's account, amongst others related to the Proud Boys, citing how platform policy prohibited accounts related to violent extremist groups. The following year, another account created by Tarrio to evade the suspension was detected and removed from the platform by Twitter.[29]

Tarrio is a close friend of Roger Stone.[14] After Stone was arrested in January 2019, Tarrio appeared outside the courtroom in a shirt emblazoned with the message "Roger Stone did nothing wrong".[30]

Tarrio began a run for Congress for Florida's 27th district in 2020, but withdrew before the Republican Party primary. In his campaign's responses to a Ballotpedia survey done in 2019, Tarrio listed criminal justice reform, protection of the Second Amendment, countering domestic terrorism, ending the war on drugs, free speech on digital platforms, and immigration reform among some of his priorities.[3]

More:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrique_Tarrio

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 09:15 PM

10. Shouldn't they change their names to "Proud Assholes" since they like showing them?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 09:34 PM

11. My guess was he answered a personals ad from Twitler.

“Insecure narcissist seeks white supremacist with a criminal record to eat hamburders and watch TV. Must bring own tiki torch.”

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 16, 2020, 10:08 PM

12. "The (Proud Boy's) initiation process demands aspirants to, among other things,...

...denounce masturbation and recite five brands of breakfast cereal while fighting off an attack from other members."

Stupidest fucking gang ever!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread