HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Sen. Duckworth calls on B...

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 03:37 PM

Sen. Duckworth calls on Biden to release intel on alleged Russian bounties in Afghanistan

Source: Axios

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) sent a letter on Monday calling on President Biden's director of national intelligence to declassify and release intelligence on an alleged Russian campaign to pay bounties to the Taliban to target U.S. troops, Politico reports.

Why it matters: Biden's campaign called Donald Trump's response to the controversy last year "absolutely despicable," after the former president initially called reports on the alleged bounties a "hoax" and told "Axios on HBO" that he did not raise the issue in a call with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

What she's saying: "I urge you to take action where the prior administration failed," Duckworth, a veteran and member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, wrote in her March 1 letter to DNI Avril Haines.

In the letter, Duckworth applauded Biden "for tasking Haines with reviewing alleged Russian activity, including the bounties program," Politico's Lara Seligman reports.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-duckworth-calls-biden-release-163243807.html

2 replies, 809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sen. Duckworth calls on Biden to release intel on alleged Russian bounties in Afghanistan (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 2021 OP
oldsoftie Mar 2021 #1
monkeyman1 Mar 2021 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Mar 1, 2021, 04:02 PM

1. I agree with this decision. We need to know. Or at least Congress does.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Mar 2, 2021, 03:00 AM

2. THE WHOLE COUNTRY NEED'S TO KNOW !

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread