HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'Full blown racist' Joe S...

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:09 AM

'Full blown racist' Joe Scarborough blasted after rant accuses Biden of 'luring' migrant children

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: raw story

March 23, 2021

........................ snip..........

"The administration right now, the Biden administration right now is the one that's luring these children to the border with the promise of being able to get in," he said at one point. "They're letting families just dissolve into the country and not have a court date, not have a date to come back."

"That's a crisis at the border!" he exclaimed. "And as long as you have a permissive policy, first of all, again, it's dangerous for the children, because more children are going to keep coming, until you tell them, no, we're not going to let them in."

Atlantic staff writer Caitlin Dickerson, who appeared on the show on Tuesday, said that she was not given the time to refute all of Scarborough's "inaccuracies."

"It is a not a 'Biden administration policy' that allows unaccompanied minors to request legal protection at the border. That is the American asylum system, codified into law by congress in the the Refugee Act of 1980," she pointed out on Twitter. "Case management programs that were eliminated by the Trump administration and are being reestablished now yielded immigration court appearance rates higher than 90% ó not 25-30%."

"The general implication was that requesting asylum is unfair or illegal. It's not," Dickerson added.....................................

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/joe-scarborough-border-rant/

?s=20

?s=20

19 replies, 1719 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 19 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Full blown racist' Joe Scarborough blasted after rant accuses Biden of 'luring' migrant children (Original post)
riversedge Mar 23 OP
C_U_L8R Mar 23 #1
ShazzieB Mar 23 #7
rickyhall Mar 23 #2
PortTack Mar 23 #3
Blue_Adept Mar 23 #11
underpants Mar 23 #4
heckles65 Mar 23 #5
padah513 Mar 23 #6
iluvtennis Mar 23 #8
ShazzieB Mar 23 #9
Bev54 Mar 23 #10
bullwinkle428 Mar 23 #12
inwiththenew Mar 23 #13
Evolve Dammit Mar 23 #14
YoshidaYui Mar 23 #15
Initech Mar 23 #16
blm Mar 23 #17
Chili Pepper Mar 23 #18
DonViejo Mar 23 #19

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:14 AM

1. Mika's stink face

Classic.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to C_U_L8R (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:46 AM

7. Yeah, she looks like she smells something really nasty!

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:16 AM

2. Maybe anti-trump but still a racist motherfucker.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:19 AM

3. Their viewership is way down..so they create a false narrative

Pandering after fux snooz thinking it will give them a boost in viewers. What a tired shitty way to run a network. They need to better understand their viewers. We Dems and sane ppl of this country do not tune in to listen to you create a boogeyman that isnít real

In fact it makes me tune you out all the more

Response to PortTack (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:58 AM

11. Cable news is down in general, but why come up with such lies?

"At the other end of the day, MSNBCís Morning Joe finishes February as the most-watched morning show in cable news with a total audience of 1.4 million viewers (ahead of Fox News Channelís 1.1 million viewers and CNNís 734,000 total viewers). Morning Joe also won in the key demo of adults 25-54, the demographic group most valued by advertisers, with an average audience of 217,000 viewers, followed by Fox News (187,000 viewers) and CNN (179,000 viewers).

So far in 2021, Morning Joe is #1, and MSNBC remains top-rated in all of cable in prime time, extended prime time (4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday) and full day among total viewers, according to year-to-date ratings data compiled by Nielsen."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2021/02/26/rachel-maddow-is-most-watched-in-february-as-msnbc-leads-all-cable-networks/?sh=120e232839a2

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:20 AM

4. More info and her tweets here

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:26 AM

5. It is really funny listening to comfortable suburbanites

speculate about the thought processes of illegal immigrants.

Hint: they do NOT see Trump leaving office as the big welcome sign. To roll the dice like they do, they need a motive a lot more personal and closer to home than what is happening in Washington.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:29 AM

6. I like the guests he has on but he had Bratton on again this morning. That was it for me.

The day after the insurrection he had Bratton on and Officer Goodman was running up the stairs. Bratton said, "Look at that cow..." and when they cut it short, Willie Geist started taking immediately on top of it. What happened was Bratton called Officer Goodman a coward and with the time delay, they tried to cut it out but only got half of the word. I grabbed my remote trying to rewind it so I could hear what Bratton had said again and accidentally changed the channel. No, I'll never watch Scarborough again. Tired of hearing him bloviate and I'm 100% convinced that had Trump not turned on him he'd still be in his corner today.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:47 AM

8. Had to turn off the BS spewing from Scarborough today -despicable. This tweet echoes my thoughts...

His Dudeness@ZDudeness∑3h
Joe Scarborough thinks kids in Central America were watching American cable news on January 21st and just decided they wanted to trek across dangerous terrain for shits and giggles. The dumbest shit. #MorningJoe

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:49 AM

9. This is a classic example of

why I never turn on Joe Scarborough!

I can't stand him, especially first thing in the morning.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 11:53 AM

10. Another benefit of living in the west

he is too early in the AM so I rarely, if ever see the show. Too bad he does not watch his own Network, in the evening when people like Lawrence O'Donnell called out the media who calls it a crisis at the border. Maybe Lawrence can send him a copy of the tape of last nights show.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:00 PM

12. I called this SEVERAL weeks ago. This MFer was going to continue to gin up

all kinds of anti-Biden outrage, fabricated completely out of whole cloth, and will be leading the opposition train as we move into the 2024 primary season. If he sees fucking Josh Hawley, for example, as the leading candidate to challenge Biden, he will gleefully leap onto that bandwagon!

BY THE FUCKING WAY - when Joe Mika closed out their show the day before, they concluded with the segment about the soon-to-be Teen Vogue editor, who had the job offer rescinded following the revelation of some bigoted Tweets as a teenager. They were going on and on, saying that if people are willing to apologize and take responsibility for past things they've said and done, it would be a terrible mistake to "cancel" them.

So here's my question - have Joe & Mika EVER owned up to the ridiculous PR effort they made to put Chump in the White House in 2016? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:08 PM

13. The media has realized that with Trump gone viewership is declining

To get that back they are going to have to use the one two punch of starting controversies and attacking Biden to try and pump those numbers back up. Get used to never ending onslaught for the next year or so until we get closer to the midterm election and more people naturally tune in.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:12 PM

14. Switching to CNN for the most part but I like Eugene Robinson, Eddie Gault and others guests. Joe is

a self-righteous, pompous idiot much of the time. They helped the Orange One get elected, that's for sure. He is calling out the 1/6 attack as sedition and insurrection in clear terms and that I appreciate.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:12 PM

15. Wouldn't most people be fired for that?

I mean, what's up MSNBC???

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:32 PM

16. So now they suddenly care about kids being detained at the border?

Where were these dipshits 3 years ago?

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:32 PM

17. Repubs are on TV/radio every day claiming borders are open

24/7 - and then when people believe them and show up at the borders they blame Democrats.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:33 PM

18. Joe has a hard time suppressing his Republican roots.

I've always had a hard time watching Morning Joe. He is such a bully on the show and will talk over anyone and everyone. And God forbid anyone has a different opinion than his.

Have him go on vacation for a month and see if the show's ratings change. I would bet that they won't go down ... maybe even go up.

Tue Mar 23, 2021, 12:41 PM

19. Locking...

The opinions of TV Talking Heads, as well as the public response to those opinions ar not important news of national interest.