HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Ghislaine Maxwell faces n...

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:06 PM

Ghislaine Maxwell faces new criminal charges as U.S. expands indictment

Source: Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) -U.S. prosecutors on Monday expanded their criminal case against British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, unveiling a new indictment adding charges of sex trafficking conspiracy and sex trafficking of a minor.

Maxwell, the longtime associate of late financier Jeffrey Epstein, now faces an eight-count indictment that also accuses her of enabling his sexual misconduct, as well as perjury.

...snip...

The original indictment, to which Maxwell had pleaded not guilty, accused her of helping Epstein recruit and groom three teenage girls for sex between 1994 and 1997.

Mondayís amended indictment adds a fourth victim, saying that between 2001 and 2004 Maxwell and Epstein recruited an underage girl to engage in sex acts with Epstein at his home in Palm Beach, Florida.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/article/people-ghislaine-maxwell/update-1-ghislaine-maxwell-faces-new-criminal-charges-as-us-expands-indictment-idUSL1N2LR24Y

19 replies, 3842 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 19 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ghislaine Maxwell faces new criminal charges as U.S. expands indictment (Original post)
brooklynite Mar 29 OP
FakeNoose Mar 29 #1
marble falls Mar 29 #2
Leghorn21 Mar 29 #3
Auggie Mar 29 #5
brewens Mar 29 #4
Evolve Dammit Mar 29 #6
Grasswire2 Mar 29 #18
Evolve Dammit Mar 30 #19
machoneman Mar 29 #7
2Gingersnaps Mar 29 #8
TreasonousBastard Mar 29 #9
paulkienitz Mar 29 #10
flying_wahini Mar 29 #12
Aussie105 Mar 29 #11
Warpy Mar 29 #13
Martin68 Mar 29 #14
ExTex Mar 29 #15
mpcamb Mar 29 #16
maxsolomon Mar 29 #17

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:12 PM

1. Oh boy, maybe Chump will be hearing footsteps soon

Soon the FBI comes knockin' on your door, Chumpie.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FakeNoose (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:18 PM

2. No doubt in my mind.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:19 PM

3. Great GREAT news, now may we please move forward with this slimey criminal's case, she's

been languishing in jail for 8 months now, like to see her languishing in PRISON soon

Please please please

Reply to this post

Response to Leghorn21 (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:52 PM

5. +1

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 04:36 PM

4. Were they sitting on this in case Donald Jr. and Eric's auntie Ghislaine got a pardon? I was

actually kind of hoping she would get a pardon with something like this in mind. Pardoned and then locked up again, or having to live as a fugitive. By the former guys standards, he probably really should have pardoned her.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 05:00 PM

6. And he flew on Drumpf's jet. They were enjoying life. Others might call it sex trafficking? Let's

find out under a better DOJ. These people are horrible and need to be brought to justice. Still want to know what happened to Epstein, after Barr visits?

Reply to this post

Response to Evolve Dammit (Reply #6)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 10:55 PM

18. and what's happened to Barr?

Vanished.

Reply to this post

Response to Grasswire2 (Reply #18)

Tue Mar 30, 2021, 09:07 AM

19. Back to his lair to seethe, plot, scheme. Y'know. What Republicans do every waking moment.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 05:11 PM

7. I suspect as they build a bigger case they are ensnaring more folks into it. Hopefully, Trump....

..his kids, Cabinet members maybe and certainly his WH staff and advisers. Hey, maybe a Senator and a few House Reps. too!

Pass that popcorn!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 05:23 PM

8. I keep telling myself schadenfreude is bad karma,

but she continuously demands to be released because jail conditions are intolerable and this is a "political" prosecution. Yeah, so when you traffic barely teens to monsters to go play lifestyles of the rich and famous, Andy lets you sit on the Queen's throne.....how many different levels of Hell do you actually deserve? I worked at one point in the medical section of a woman's prison. Do you know how many women are in there because they were born without a snowball's chance in hell? Those places are the only safety and security some of them have ever known? Don't get me wrong, there are some seriously bad eggs in there. But the foster system in this country is a grade school to prison pipeline. Poverty, bad upbringing, and bad luck are strong pathologies that guarentee they will land there. Let her see what happens to her victims, fuck her.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 05:23 PM

9. When I first heard about her, I thought she was another bored rich kid looking for thrills...

The thrills she found were not the best sort. Let her rot in prison to rethink her life.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 05:41 PM

10. So... were Epstein and Maxwell blackmailing people for the CIA and Mossad, or only for themselves?

Reply to this post

Response to paulkienitz (Reply #10)

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 06:06 PM

12. Both.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 06:06 PM

11. Hate it when she is referred to as

"British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell"

She doesn't deserve the dignity of that description. Not after what she has done.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 06:27 PM

13. I sincerely hope she discovers her singing voice

and cracks Epstein's whole scam wide open, from his recruitment by Barr, Sr. to his cover jobs to the shift from whatever Barr Sr. recruited him for to celebrity/political blackmailer.

Oh, I think it will be kept quiet until all the former customers are safely dead. I just want it all blown open.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 06:51 PM

14. Good to see she's gone from an attempt to have the case dismissed to additional charges

added.This is a spoiled little rich girl who thought she was beyond the reach of the law.Will she sing like a canary? Will she take Trump, Prince Andrew and Dershowitz down with her? Pass the popcorn.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 07:36 PM

16. Get Acosta while you're at it

(Reuters) 7/12/2019

President Donald Trumpís Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta resigned on Friday amid fresh scrutiny of his handling of the sex abuse case against financier Jeffrey Epstein

PUT THAT CROOK BEHIND BARS TOO!

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 29, 2021, 10:15 PM

17. I'd use the Epstein-abused-me-I-didn't-know-right-from-wrong excuse.

He gets out of it through suicide; she'll get the remainder of her life (30 years?) in prison.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread