HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Brooklyn Center police ch...

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 02:41 PM

Brooklyn Center police chief, officer who shot Daunte Wright resign

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: StarTribune

Brooklyn Center police Chief Tim Gannon and Kimberly Potter, the police officer who fatally shot Daunte Wright during a traffic stop Sunday, have both resigned from the department.

Mayor Mike Elliott announced the chief's resignation during a news conference at City Hall Tuesday afternoon.

In a letter to city officials earlier in the day, Potter wrote that she was resigning effective immediately, according to a statement from Law Enforcement Labor Services, the state's largest public safety labor union.
[snip]
Elliott told reporters Tuesday that city officials did not ask Potter to resign.

"That was a decision she made," he said.

Read more: https://www.startribune.com/brooklyn-center-police-chief-officer-who-shot-daunte-wright-resign/600045468/

Both the police chief and the officer who shot Daunte resigned.

4 replies, 1160 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brooklyn Center police chief, officer who shot Daunte Wright resign (Original post)
mysteryowl Apr 13 OP
FoxNewsSucks Apr 13 #1
wnylib Apr 14 #3
BobTheSubgenius Apr 13 #2
DonViejo Apr 14 #4

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 03:18 PM

1. How nice,

they'll wait a few months and get hired somewhere else. Maybe make that move they've been thinking about, somewhere down south.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to FoxNewsSucks (Reply #1)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 03:29 AM

3. First thing I thought, too.

So she resigns and doesn't have a firing on her record. She relocates. There are places that won't care about her history. There are some that will want her BECAUSE of her history.

Unless she gets charged with something like manslaughter.

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 05:38 PM

2. I'm going to take her move as genuine, until seeing evidence otherwise.

The chief? That was a little closer to inevitable, but I still think he could have survived it.

Which is a hell of a lot more than Daunte Wright got to do.

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 08:40 AM

4. Locking.

The consensus of Forum Hosts agrees this is a duplicate, at best an update of https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142728437. Updates should go into the first post on the topic, not significant enough for its own LBN thread.