HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden to address Congress...

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 09:37 PM

Biden to address Congress for first time April 28 -- his 100th day in office

Source: MarketWatch

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden will address a joint session of Congress for the first time on April 28.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi extended the invite to Biden on Tuesday, “to share your vision for addressing the challenges and opportunities of this historic moment.”

The speech will come days before Biden’s 100th day in office, and will provide him an opportunity to update the American public on his progress toward fulfilling his promises. It will also give him a chance to make the case for the $2.3 trillion infrastructure package he unveiled earlier this month, which the House is aiming to pass by July 4.

Traditionally all members of Congress and guests gather for a joint session in the House, the larger of the two chambers. However, the address is certain to look different this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Read more: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-to-address-congress-for-first-time-april-28-his-100th-day-in-office-01618362286

6 replies, 850 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden to address Congress for first time April 28 -- his 100th day in office (Original post)
question everything Apr 2021 OP
bucolic_frolic Apr 2021 #1
NotHardly Apr 2021 #2
Runningdawg Apr 2021 #3
C Moon Apr 2021 #4
NurseJackie Apr 2021 #5
betsuni Apr 2021 #6

Response to question everything (Original post)

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 09:58 PM

1. They were wise to hold off until late April

Democrats are benefiting from the wisdom of experienced leadership. Despite the challenges ahead, our party has been strengthened by this turmoil, our younger members of Congress learning each day from the best teachers in many decades.

What are the Republicans learning? Tricks in federal court, double down on privilege and superiority, kowtow to the cult leader. No innovation, no changes, no compromise, no forward looking agenda. Same ol'.

Joe Biden told us recently, something about 'you go forward with the best ideas, that's the response if you're not winning elections, get better ideas and inform the public.'

So take heart. GOP is out of gas.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 13, 2021, 10:05 PM

2. PERFECT ... a President speaking when he actually has something of value to say

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 12:29 AM

3. I'm really not superstitious but the date (April) makes me nervous

More bad shit has happened in April than you would imagine;
Titanic sinks
OKC bombing
Waco
Notre Dame burns
SF earthquake
Lincoln assassination
Columbine
Hillsborough Stadium collapse
Virginia Tech shooting
Deep Water Horizon disaster
Boston Marathon bombing

I did those off the top of my head - there are more.

Reply to this post

Response to Runningdawg (Reply #3)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 02:17 AM

4. We tend to remember the bad things in history.

I'm sure I could find hundreds and hundreds of great things that have happened in April in recorded history.
As well, I'm sure I could find a lot of bad things that have happened in March and May.

Reply to this post

Response to Runningdawg (Reply #3)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 07:01 AM

5. Oh come ON! 🤪

Reply to this post

Response to NurseJackie (Reply #5)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 07:19 AM

6. TITANIC!

Reply to this post