HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Curfew on New York bars, ...

Thu Apr 15, 2021, 09:31 AM

Curfew on New York bars, restaurants extended to midnight starting next week, Cuomo says

Source: Post Standard

Albany, N.Y. ó Bars and restaurants in New York will be allowed to stay open until midnight starting Monday April 19, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said today.

Thatís an hour later than the current curfew of 11 p.m.

Starting on the same date, catered events like weddings and other celebrations will be allowed to run until 1 a.m. Those events had been required to end at midnight.

Bars and restaurants across the state, including in Central New York, have been complaining about the mandatory closing time since Cuomo first implemented it months ago. Businesses that depend on late night customer traffic say they have been suffering.

Read more: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cacheLMMoocFNkoJ:https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2021/04/curfew-on-new-york-bars-restaurants-extended-to-midnight-cuomo-says.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

1 replies, 703 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Curfew on New York bars, restaurants extended to midnight starting next week, Cuomo says (Original post)
brooklynite Apr 15 OP
MiniMe Apr 15 #1

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu Apr 15, 2021, 10:36 AM

1. I'm really sick and tired of "we have to open these businesses" at this time

How about thinking about the people? We are in the middle of a pandemic and we still have assholes who won't wear a mask. I'm still holed up at my house for at least another couple of weeks. Getting my second Moderna vaccine next week. But I will still be wearing a mask after I get it because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread