HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'Once again, I have the s...

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:23 PM

'Once again, I have the solemn duty of ordering the flag lowered,' Biden says after Indianapolis...

Source: USA Today

'Once again, I have the solemn duty of ordering the flag lowered,' Biden says after Indianapolis shooting

Joey Garrison
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON For the fourth time in less than five weeks, President Joe Biden ordered the flag at the White House to be lowered to half-staff Friday after an overnight shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis killed eight people.

Biden remarked on the sad routineness of the order in a statement on the latest mass shooting in the U.S.

"While we await critical details about the shooting, its motivation, and other key information," Biden said, "once again, I have the solemn duty of ordering the flag lowered at half-staff at the White House, public buildings and grounds, and military posts and embassies, just two weeks after I gave the last such order."

Yet again, he said, another shooting shows why action is needed to curb gun violence through "commonsense gun violence prevention legislation."

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/16/biden-once-again-lowers-white-house-flag-after-indianapolis-shooting/7254899002

4 replies, 1282 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Once again, I have the solemn duty of ordering the flag lowered,' Biden says after Indianapolis... (Original post)
DonViejo Apr 16 OP
bluevoter4life Apr 16 #1
hibbing Apr 16 #2
COL Mustard Apr 16 #4
Griefbird Apr 16 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:28 PM

1. At this point

It's more appropriate to hang the flag upside down.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bluevoter4life (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:53 PM

2. or just leave it at half mast n/t

Reply to this post

Response to hibbing (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 04:41 PM

4. Yeah, That Was My Thought Too.

It's always going to be at half staff anyway. This is so sickeningly sad.

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 03:49 PM

3. We have more than 100 gun deaths every day

So flying the flag at half mast all the time makes sense.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread