HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Chauvin trial juror says ...

Wed Apr 28, 2021, 12:33 PM

Chauvin trial juror says outside pressure didn't influence verdict

Source: NBC News

The first juror to speak out about deliberations in the Derek Chauvin trial said Wednesday that nothing going on outside the courtroom influenced the jury's decision to find the former Minneapolis police officer guilty on all counts for causing George Floyd's death.

"We just felt like the evidence was overwhelming for our verdict," Brandon Mitchell, juror 52, said on NBC's "TODAY" show. "It didnít have to do with pressure from anywhere."

"We all walked in with an open mind, and we left with a guilty verdict," the 31-year-old high school basketball coach added.

Mitchell, who is Black, is the first juror who was involved with deliberations in the trial to speak publicly about his experience. The judge in the case ordered last week that the jurors' identities be sealed for at least six months. An alternate juror has spoken out, saying she would have voted guilty.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chauvin-trial-juror-says-outside-pressure-didn-t-influence-verdict/ar-BB1g9nJY?li=BBnbcA1

2 replies, 1084 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chauvin trial juror says outside pressure didn't influence verdict (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 28 OP
Raine Apr 29 #1
Chrysanthemum Apr 30 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 11:53 PM

1. Pretty obvious it was murder. I hope more of the jurors

will eventually speak out, its interesting to hear what they have to say.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 09:39 AM

2. Safety is important

I like it that a juror spoke out and hope that others do, too. But I also hope they all remain safe from harassment from the white supremacists!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread