HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden cancels military-fu...

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 04:08 PM

Biden cancels military-funded border wall projects

Source: The Hill

President Biden is cancelling projects to build a wall along the southern border using diverted defense funds and will use some funding to counter environmental damage from the wall's construction.

Then-President Trump had diverted billions in defense and military construction funds toward building the wall, using emergency powers after Congress refused to fully fund the project directly.

"Consistent with the Presidentís Proclamation terminating the redirection of funds for border wall, no more money will be diverted from other purposes to building a border wall," a Biden administration official said Friday.

"Today, the Department of Defense will begin cancelling all wall projects using the diverted funds, and will take steps to return remaining unobligated military construction funds to their appropriated purpose as permitted by law."

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/551227-biden-cancels-military-funded-border-wall-projects

3 replies, 1585 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden cancels military-funded border wall projects (Original post)
brooklynite Apr 30 OP
Biophilic Apr 30 #1
yaesu Apr 30 #2
twodogsbarking May 1 #3

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 04:12 PM

1. Good grief, but at least one step at a time we are taking this country back to

being a reasonable place. A place that I'm proud to be part of. I know there is so much to do still. Thank heavens for an amazingly competent and far sighted administration. Everyone working with Biden and Harris toward returning to sanity are heroes as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 04:20 PM

2. ' will use some funding to counter environmental damage from the wall's construction' brilliant! nt

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:59 AM

3. If the military didn't need it in the first place

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread