HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Biden helps his Amtrak fa...

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 11:33 PM

Biden helps his Amtrak family celebrate its 50th anniversary

Source: AP

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — President Joe Biden didn’t want to be anywhere else Friday than helping his Amtrak family celebrate 50 years on the rails.

“I wouldn’t have missed this for the world,” he said at Amtrak’s station in Philadelphia, where he used the occasion to plug his $2.3 trillion infrastructure proposal.

Biden rode Amtrak almost daily between Washington and his home in Wilmington, Delaware, during his 36 years as a U.S. senator. As vice president, he went home by train most weekends to visit his mother, who was ill, before she passed away.

“In the process, Amtrak became my family,” Biden said.

President Joe Biden speaks during an event to mark Amtrak???s 50th anniversary at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, Friday, April 30, 2021. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-amtrak-business-government-and-politics-e2130be609402255a2b835c2c006854f

3 replies, 1108 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden helps his Amtrak family celebrate its 50th anniversary (Original post)
Omaha Steve Apr 30 OP
MustLoveBeagles May 1 #1
FailureToCommunicate May 1 #2
Hiawatha Pete May 1 #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Sat May 1, 2021, 01:26 AM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread