HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Covid-19: States Turn Dow...

Sun May 9, 2021, 01:54 PM

Covid-19: States Turn Down Hundreds of Thousands of Vaccine Doses

Source: NYT

Several states are turning away Covid vaccine doses from their federal government allocations, as the daily average of coronavirus vaccine doses administered across the United States has fallen below two million for the first time since early March. Experts say the states’ smaller requests reflect a steep drop in vaccine demand in the United States.

Wisconsin officials have asked for just 8 percent of the 162,680 doses the federal government had set aside for the state next week, according to The Associated Press. In Iowa, officials asked for just 29 percent of the state’s allocated doses. And in Illinois, the state is planning to request just 9 percent of its allotted doses for everywhere, except for Chicago, for next week, The A.P. reported.

North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington State and Connecticut are also scaling back on their vaccine requests.

*snip*

Experts warn that states where vaccinations are falling behind — particularly in the South — could be especially prone to outbreaks in the weeks ahead as more contagious virus variants spread. Texas and North Carolina are trailing the national average in vaccinations, with about 40 percent of people receiving at least one shot. In Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana, about a third of residents have gotten their first shot.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/08/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases

Texas! Why am I not surprised.
If enough Repukes get Darwin awards, I guess that would be a silver lining.

5 replies, 1574 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Covid-19: States Turn Down Hundreds of Thousands of Vaccine Doses (Original post)
BlueWavePsych May 9 OP
bucolic_frolic May 9 #1
James48 May 9 #2
erronis May 9 #3
roamer65 May 9 #4
IronLionZion May 9 #5

Response to BlueWavePsych (Original post)

Sun May 9, 2021, 03:54 PM

1. Survival-of-the-Fittest

Size up your coffin, get a deal now before demand heats up and prices rise.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun May 9, 2021, 04:05 PM

2. I'm just fine with that.

Let Republican voters refuse to vaccinate. Makes it easier to win in 2022 after they die.

Reply to this post

Sun May 9, 2021, 04:23 PM

3. The deniers are still a threat for spreading/variants, and they will be a burden on our healthcare

and cemeteries.

I might feel sorry for their families - the ones that distanced themselves from these cretins.

Reply to this post

Sun May 9, 2021, 05:13 PM

4. Insurance companies should be allowed to deny COVID coverage to anti-vaxxers.

The FDA needs to fully approve the vaccines.

THEN...

If you have a viable medical reason not to get it, then your coverage should remain.

If you have only bullshit reasons, you should be held fully liable for any healthcare costs relating to your treatment.

Reply to this post

Sun May 9, 2021, 07:48 PM

5. Tell them unused vaccines will be sent overseas to India, Africa, South America

and see how many of them sign up out of spite

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread