HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Inspired by Arizona recou...

Thu May 20, 2021, 04:28 AM

Inspired by Arizona recount, Trump loyalists push to revisit election results in communities around

Source: Washington Post

Amy Gardner, Rosalind Helderman 1 hr ago

At a public meeting last week in Cheboygan County, Mich., a lawyer from Detroit told county commissioners that the voting machines they used in 2020 could “flip” votes and throw an election. She offered to send in a “forensic team,” at no charge to the county, to inspect ballots and scanners.

In Windham, N.H., supporters of former president Donald Trump showed up to a town meeting this month chanting “Stop the Steal!” and demanding that officials choose their preferred auditor to scrutinize a 400-vote discrepancy in a state representative race.

And at a board of supervisors meeting May 4 in San Luis Obispo County, on California’s Central Coast, scores of residents questioned whether election machines had properly counted their votes, with many demanding a “forensic audit.”

The ramifications of Trump’s ceaseless attacks on the 2020 election are increasingly visible throughout the country: In emails, phone calls and public meetings, his supporters are questioning how their elections are administered and pressing public officials to revisit the vote count — wrongly insisting that Trump won the presidential race.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/inspired-by-arizona-recount-trump-loyalists-push-to-revisit-election-results-in-communities-around-the-country/ar-AAKaNOQ?li=BBnb7Kz

10 replies, 1608 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Inspired by Arizona recount, Trump loyalists push to revisit election results in communities around (Original post)
Judi Lynn May 2021 OP
BumRushDaShow May 2021 #1
Rhiannon12866 May 2021 #2
Judi Lynn May 2021 #3
Rhiannon12866 May 2021 #6
RVN VET71 May 2021 #5
Rhiannon12866 May 2021 #7
RVN VET71 May 2021 #9
LastLiberal in PalmSprings May 2021 #4
Ford_Prefect May 2021 #8
Bayard May 2021 #10

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Thu May 20, 2021, 05:00 AM

1. OFFS

We can't spend the next 4 years going through this bullshit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 20, 2021, 05:26 AM

2. Oh, Good Grief!

What's already gone on has been unprecedented and ridiculous. If we're going to go back and reexamine past elections, I nominate Bush*/Gore 2000.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Thu May 20, 2021, 06:22 AM

3. Back then, they rioted to STOP counting votes. Totally reverse. Same monsters, 20 yrs. later.

Reply to this post

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #3)

Thu May 20, 2021, 06:42 AM

6. Brooks Brothers riot. I was looking for my deplorable Rep. in the photo, John Sweeney NY-20

But he was a prince compared to the current Rep., Elise Stefanik...

These billboards went up in February:

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Thu May 20, 2021, 06:29 AM

5. And Bush/Kerry 2004, and Loser-45/Clinton 2016

Republicans defeated 2 weak candidates in Carter and Dukakis. They stole the other three. The Democrats, however, chose not to cross the line and campaign against those “steals” for underlying political reasons but, at base, for the sake of the country and its institutions.

The Democrats care about America.

The Republicans . . .not so much.

The Democrats have to figure a way to be junk yard dogs without losing site of the basic vision they hold of a democratic country based on equal justice , human rights, and economic fairness. But with those restrictions, the Democrats must go after the GOP at every level seeking not rapport but the utter and final destruction of a party that wants to destroy America.

Reply to this post

Response to RVN VET71 (Reply #5)

Thu May 20, 2021, 06:53 AM

7. I certainly remember 2004, too.

In 2000, it was Katherine Harris in Florida. In 2004, it was Ken Blackwell in Ohio. If they can't win legitimately, they cheat. And in 2016, despite the "meddling" by Putin, Hillary Clinton still got a few million more votes!

Greg Palast's article in 2004 still sticks in my mind. That was the first election I that was on DU and I was devastated. Dan Rather signed off on election night saying we wouldn't know the results for 10-11 days since it would take them that long to count the provisional ballots. And I woke up the next day to the news that Kerry had conceded.

Kerry Won Here are The Facts
by Greg Palast November 4, 2004

https://www.gregpalast.com/kerry-won-rnheres-the-facts/

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #7)

Thu May 20, 2021, 11:35 AM

9. I forgave Gore because he actually put up a battle

But Kerry ---- his concession was so fast amid so much evidence of fraud that I wondered at the time if he was received to be able to say he lost.

I’ve also thought about the consequences that would have transpired had Kerry been allowed to win. John Edwards stock, you will recall, was about to crash with revelations that he was not only cheating on his wife (who the nation loved and sympathized with because she seemed a lovely person who was terminally ill) but fathered a child with his mistress. History hinges on such things: if Kerry won, would Obama have had his chance to shine? What about Hillary? Would McCain have gotten the nomination in 2008 and would he have been saddled with the Alaskan albatross? Had McCain run with a competent running mate, might he have won in 2008 running against a Kerry weakened by Edwards scandals, and what would a McCain administration have looked like? And would anyone in politics have even thought about the Fat Man, Loser-45, running for any office? Etc., etc., etc.

Reply to this post

Thu May 20, 2021, 06:26 AM

4. "Donald Trump vs. Democracy"

"How the worst president in the history of the U.S. ended the American Experiment"

One chapter has be entitled,"Attempting a coup without investigations or consequences because of the Republican Party"

Also, "How unfounded endless challenges reduced voters' faith in elections"

Finally, "The man who wouldn't concede"

Reply to this post

Thu May 20, 2021, 09:19 AM

8. Absolutely NOT!!!

Reply to this post

Thu May 20, 2021, 12:16 PM

10. "Inspired"?

It must not take much to impress them.

This shit has to stop. Its on the same page as the Jan. 6 insurrection--undermining democracy and orchestrated by trump. And crazed rethuglicans who have been waiting years for this opportunity.

We all know that Gore, Kerry, and Clinton legitimately won their elections. Rethugs at the top know it too, and thought they could pull the same trick this time on Biden.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread