HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » US urges 'transparent' WH...

Tue May 25, 2021, 06:03 PM

US urges 'transparent' WHO inquiry into Covid origins

Source: BBC

The US health secretary has urged the World Health Organization to ensure the next phase of investigation into Covid-19's origins is "transparent".

Speaking to a ministerial-level WHO meeting, Xavier Becerra said international experts should be allowed to evaluate the source of coronavirus.

US media reports suggest growing evidence the virus could have emerged from a laboratory in China.

Covid-19 was first detected in 2019 in Wuhan, in central Hubei province.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57249763

7 replies, 957 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply US urges 'transparent' WHO inquiry into Covid origins (Original post)
SouthBayDem May 2021 OP
underpants May 2021 #1
pimpbot May 2021 #2
NH Ethylene May 2021 #3
winetourdriver01 May 2021 #4
NH Ethylene May 2021 #6
jimlup May 2021 #5
dalton99a May 2021 #7

Response to SouthBayDem (Original post)

Tue May 25, 2021, 06:21 PM

1. Who. The. F. Cares?

Yeah maybe the epidemiology world and health pros need to know but this is just more of the cult try to convince the cult that they weren’t wrong, that HE wasn’t wrong, that they weren’t duped.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to underpants (Reply #1)

Tue May 25, 2021, 06:39 PM

2. a lot of people care

Millions around the world with a dead relative care. Millions that are out of work care. Nations who have spent billions of dollars care.

Its worth it to figure out how the virus originated. Whether it was naturally through human-animal contact, or something a lab built. They should also investigate if China really was ground zero or if it was somewhere else in the world.

Good luck getting factual information out of China though. Heck maybe even Russia planted it.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #1)

Tue May 25, 2021, 07:06 PM

3. I care about knowing the truth, even if it's not what I want to hear.

I was pretty annoyed with the conspiracy theories about it escaping from the lab and covered up, etc., as though evolution alone could not possibly explain Covid's emergence. I felt that it reflected an ignorance of science among the simple-minded.

But if that is what actually happened, I want to know about it, and the scientific community needs to know about it.

Reply to this post

Response to NH Ethylene (Reply #3)

Tue May 25, 2021, 07:28 PM

4. ...

I felt that it reflected an ignorance of science among the simple-minded.

How do you suppose you got that feeling?

Reply to this post

Response to winetourdriver01 (Reply #4)

Wed May 26, 2021, 10:48 AM

6. Do I really need to explain this? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to NH Ethylene (Reply #3)

Tue May 25, 2021, 09:51 PM

5. And that is the difference between them and us...

we want to know the truth and will deal with it and make our decisions based on that even if it is not what we thought it would be. We live in the real world. The tRumpist conspirators live in a false fantasy of their own absurd denial of truth.

With regard to the Lab origin hypothesis: "Even a broken clock is correct twice each day." I personally think that it has to be considered and investigated. This is for several reasons. The primary one being that if did originate in lab accident then we need to take steps to assure that it never happens again!

I'm not strong enough in biology to evaluate the evolution chain for the virus. Thus, I will rely on the experts. Those are the scientists.

Reply to this post

Response to SouthBayDem (Original post)

Wed May 26, 2021, 11:09 AM

7. Don't let the focus shift to China and AWAY from Trump's murderous incompetence.

No one will ever know the origin of this pandemic.

We know for a fact that many American lives could have been saved last year.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread