HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » CVS Offers Money, Cruises...

Thu May 27, 2021, 11:35 AM

CVS Offers Money, Cruises And A Superbowl Trip To Convince People To Get Vaccines

Source: MSN/The New York Times

(1 hr. ago). Facing a national decline in Covid-19 vaccination rates and an underwhelming response to vaccines in its own stores, the U.S. pharmacy chain CVS will offer a chance at money, vacations and a Super Bowl trip to persuade the unvaccinated to start going in for their shots.

CVS said in April that it could administer 25 million shots each month, but as of this week it had only administered about 17 million doses in total as mass vaccination sites ended up playing a bigger role in the nation’s early vaccination campaign.

The CVS incentives could not only help get more people vaccinated, but provide a boost to the company: The Medicare payment to administer each dose is $40. Nationally, the average number of doses administered daily has slowed to 1.7 million, down from a peak of more than 3.3 million in April.

CVS said in a statement that in an effort to “provide a positive reminder of the activities that are possible once vaccinated,” it had joined with other companies to offer prizes to people who get a shot at one of its pharmacies. Among the incentives: Weeklong Norwegian Cruises, $100 dates sponsored by the dating app Hinge and a trip to Super Bowl LVI next year...

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/cvs-offers-money-cruises-and-a-super-bowl-trip-to-convince-people-to-get-vaccines/ar-AAKrAfr

12 replies, 1078 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to appalachiablue (Original post)

Thu May 27, 2021, 12:43 PM

1. It's sad the US has to bribe people to get vaccinated while other countries are begging for vaccine

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to groundloop (Reply #1)

Thu May 27, 2021, 03:55 PM

4. Yeah, you'd think "increased chance of not dying on a respirator" might be enough. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to groundloop (Reply #1)

Thu May 27, 2021, 06:38 PM

7. I suspect other countries will hit similar issues as their number of vaccinated increases

The anti-vaxx stuff doesn't seem to be just limited to the US. Some of my Canadian friends were telling me about the number of people they know who are refusing to get the covid vax.

Reply to this post

Thu May 27, 2021, 01:13 PM

2. Be an

adult and do the right thing and get vaccinated. I understand if there is a medical reason not to, but other than that, grow up!

Reply to this post

Thu May 27, 2021, 01:49 PM

3. Smart move.

I predicted this.

Sweeten the pot, and the conspiracy theories go out the window.

Economic recovery depends upon a vaccinated public.

Many retailers should get together and offer discounts and bennies for those who can show vaccination cards.

Perfect way to erode the dolt 45 base.

Once they get the shots, are perfectly fine afterwards and realize they aren't being remote controlled, they will begin to question the rest of the lies.

Reply to this post

Response to orangecrush (Reply #3)

Thu May 27, 2021, 06:35 PM

6. As I said in my response, what about those of us who did what we were asked to do without the bribe?

Why are we ignored but those who are fighting against it get their pot sweetened?

Reply to this post

Response to AZLD4Candidate (Reply #6)

Fri May 28, 2021, 11:37 PM

10. Because the children

Will be calmer about getting their shot if you give them a lolipop first.

Reply to this post

Response to orangecrush (Reply #10)

Sat May 29, 2021, 02:10 AM

11. And what about the rest of us that didn't need the doggie treat and did it because it was the

right thing to do? Why aren't we being bribed. . .er, rewarded?

Reply to this post

Thu May 27, 2021, 06:33 PM

5. In a small way, I am completely against this because we who did what we were supposed to do

weren't given this chance to win stuff. Now, because people are anti-vax, state and local government, as well as businesses, are bribing people.

How about rewarding those of us who do what we're supposed to do? I wouldn't mind a pair of Super Bowl tickets or the vax-a-million drawing some states are doing.

Reply to this post

Response to AZLD4Candidate (Reply #5)

Thu May 27, 2021, 06:41 PM

8. Looks like everyone who received it through them is eligible.

When it opens up, if you got the vaccine you can enter into the sweepstakes. They should just make it automatic, though. Maybe they will.

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-vaccination-sweepstakes?cid=redir-covid-vaccination-sweepstakes

Reply to this post

Response to Sapient Donkey (Reply #8)

Thu May 27, 2021, 06:52 PM

9. Anti Vaxers would howl to high heaven

If someone who received their shots early on won the lottery

Reply to this post

Response to Sapient Donkey (Reply #8)

Sat May 29, 2021, 05:56 AM

12. I got mine there back in March

Reply to this post