HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » CNN's Brianna Keilar Stop...

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 01:31 PM

CNN's Brianna Keilar Stops Texas Sen's Election Fraud Misinformation on the Spot

Source: The Wrap

CNN’s Brianna Keilar repeatedly cut off Texas state Sen. Bryan Hughes Wednesday morning as he incorrectly claimed his state has “hundreds of open cases” of voter fraud.

Hughes is the lead sponsor of a restrictive new voting bill in Texas that, Keilar pointed out, will decrease the amount of people of color who end up voting in elections in the state.

“I just ask: Why is that when you only have 43 pending voter fraud charges in Texas? Only one is from 2020. You’ve previously misquoted that as, I think, about 400. It’s really 43. Only one is from 2020 and there were 16 minor prosecutions for 2020. It was just people putting down addresses that weren’t theirs,” she said.

-snip-

Hughes made the same claims on CNN over the weekend, which resulted in the Houston Chronicle running a fact-checking piece earlier this week. The Chronicle also only found 43 pending cases, pointing out that one stemmed from the 2020 election in which 11 million Texans cast their votes.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-brianna-keilar-stops-texas-125027232.html

17 replies, 4599 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 01:40 PM

1. Liars gonna lie, and all Rs are liars.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 02:59 PM

2. I happened to hear that segment and even better was when she slipped in the fact that a

Trump voter who had probably murdered his wife had sent in her vote illegally for Trump. Crickets from the Texan.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 03:28 PM

3. She does her homework.

And she’s not intimidated. Love Brianna.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 04:09 PM

4. When Brianna speaks ...

... Cronkite's spirit smiles ...

Reply to this post

Response to Jopin Klobe (Reply #4)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 04:24 PM

5. I have recently become a big fan of hers but

She has apparently been doing great journalism for quite a while. I discovered on YouTube that she won the national press foundations Dirksen award for coverage of Congress 11 years ago

Reply to this post

Response to Jopin Klobe (Reply #4)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 04:29 PM

6. The comments on that article are very interesting. In the past, the Yahoo comments

sections were cesspools of the craziest republiQan lunacies, and probably a good deal of Russian propaganda trolls.

The comments in that article were uniformly anti-republiQan and supportive of voting rights.

Nice to see.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 04:30 PM

7. The GOP wants to know: why are Democrats hung up on facts? Facts only screw up a narrative.

The GOP reminds me of what my Bulgarian girl said about me once, "you pick up every penny on the ground and miss all the dollar bills blowing past you in the wind".

Individual fake votes from individuals never threw an election, but corrupt political officials stuffing ballot boxes have.

I got a list of election officials caught trying to fix an election. More than 80% are GOP.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 06:36 PM

9. ....

Reply to this post

Response to CatWoman (Reply #9)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:27 PM

10. That was AMAZING!

SHE was amazing! I loved the way she knew more about what he was talking about than he did. She was brilliant. Didn't let him get away with any of his false statements (euphemism for lies) and kept correcting him with actual facts.

Thanks so much for posting this. I really wish people would not post a story that was on TV without including the video. I don't always have time to go digging for it myself, so this was greatly appreciated. 💐

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:37 PM

11. One of the most amazing interviews I have ever seen..She proves he is lying..plain & simple

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 4, 2021, 07:05 AM

17. B.K. handled him. Kudos.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:52 PM

12. Wow!

I rarely watch CNN and hadn't run into her. But she's impressive! Her level of mastery of the details of election law over the last few years and the challenges and effects of those laws in Texas was phenomenal.

I'll have to find what time her show airs.

Reply to this post

Response to summer_in_TX (Reply #12)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 11:55 PM

13. It's on from 5am to 8am central time

Competes with Morning Joe. I record it and watch it later.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 02:06 AM

14. i rarely watch CNN these days but i love Brianna Keilar's takedowns of these RWNJs

My boycott of CNN is due to the fact i could not stand watching a network that would hire the likes of Santorum & Lewandowski, and when for the longest time they had KellyAnn Conway on and let her lie her way almost on a weekly basis. Stomach churning!
However, once in a while i do switch over when there is breaking news that MSNBC isn't covering.
Brianna is awesome in confronting these idiots though i don't like it the network is giving them a platform to spew disinformation.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 03:07 AM

15. She's still got it!

She's certainly not like the mostly-deferential and obedient Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

John Berman is the lightweight on CNN's morning show now.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 03:23 AM

16. Guess he thinks Vote Countin' is like fishing, just add a foot or extra zero, no big deal. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread