HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » US Army will not investig...

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:10 PM

US Army will not investigate Flynn's comments about a coup after he appeared to endorse one

Source: CNN

The US Army said Wednesday that it will not investigate former Gen. Michael Flynn for statements he recently made in which he appeared to endorse a Myanmar-style coup occurring in the US.

"We are aware of the statements LTG (R) Flynn made May 30 and June 1. The Army is not investigating these statements further at this time," an Army spokesperson said in a statement.

Given the fact that Flynn is retired, the Army's decision is in line with the US military's typical approach to similar situations, when potential misconduct carried out by retired members who are out of uniform does not prompt an investigation by the armed services.

Flynn is facing bipartisan criticism after appearing to endorse a Myanmar-style coup in the US during an event in Dallas on Sunday in which an audience member raised the idea.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/politics/michael-flynn-coup-military-not-investigating/index.html

FUCK THAT!!!!!! His ass needs to lose the pension which is being paid for by the government he opposes.

40 replies, 4277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 40 replies Author Time Post
Reply US Army will not investigate Flynn's comments about a coup after he appeared to endorse one (Original post)
groundloop Jun 2021 OP
drray23 Jun 2021 #1
Joinfortmill Jun 2021 #2
patphil Jun 2021 #3
DENVERPOPS Jun 2021 #14
Bobstandard Jun 2021 #16
StClone Jun 2021 #17
PSPS Jun 2021 #4
stillcool Jun 2021 #5
COL Mustard Jun 2021 #11
PurgedVoter Jun 2021 #6
Escurumbele Jun 2021 #30
orangecrush Jun 2021 #32
Evolve Dammit Jun 2021 #7
Generic Brad Jun 2021 #8
BigmanPigman Jun 2021 #9
CCExile Jun 2021 #10
oldsoftie Jun 2021 #12
relayerbob Jun 2021 #13
Escurumbele Jun 2021 #27
MerryBlooms Jun 2021 #15
GulfCoast66 Jun 2021 #18
EndlessWire Jun 2021 #21
Smackdown2019 Jun 2021 #33
Smackdown2019 Jun 2021 #34
Smackdown2019 Jun 2021 #35
louis-t Jun 2021 #19
hamsterjill Jun 2021 #20
Escurumbele Jun 2021 #26
ancianita Jun 2021 #22
Escurumbele Jun 2021 #25
ancianita Jun 2021 #28
Maxheader Jun 2021 #23
Escurumbele Jun 2021 #24
ancianita Jun 2021 #29
CrispyQ Jun 2021 #36
marble falls Jun 2021 #31
EndlessWire Jun 2021 #37
marble falls Jun 2021 #38
PufPuf23 Jun 2021 #39
ck4829 Jun 2021 #40

Response to groundloop (Original post)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:14 PM

1. maybe but the us army can not investigate him unless he is actually recalled into duty.

Which is all they are saying. If the defense secretary does so, then its another story.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:30 PM

2. I fear this may be a mistake.

Reply to this post

Response to Joinfortmill (Reply #2)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:36 PM

3. I fear you are absolutely correct.

Flynn will be emboldened by this weak response to his seditious statement.

Reply to this post

Response to patphil (Reply #3)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 09:27 PM

14. Flynn

AND a whole bunch of other ones....................Just like what happened in the Trump Cabal...........

Reply to this post

Response to DENVERPOPS (Reply #14)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 09:52 PM

16. Again, no consequences for insurrection n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Joinfortmill (Reply #2)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 10:04 PM

17. Dear Army that means Flynn wants to overthrow the Army also...do you get that?

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:45 PM

4. No surprise. These people are all above the law and won't pay any price at all. What a country.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 07:58 PM

5. I hope someone has eyes on

his brother.

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #5)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:52 PM

11. He's Already Been Confirmed As A 4-Star

And has an assignment, but CINC hasn't approved it yet. Interesting, innit?

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:10 PM

6. This can only end in tears.

Flynn is going to take it as another indication of his invulnerability. Eventually he will take himself and a large group with him as he reaches the final length of his rope. I think it is highly likely that Russia has put a girl in his way and gotten secrets from him that have permanently compromised his loyalty. We already know he will tell secret to girls in order to impress them.

If a Russian handler did not take advantage of that knowledge, they would have axed the handler and gotten a new one to put a girl in Flynn's way.

Reply to this post

Response to PurgedVoter (Reply #6)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:55 AM

30. "We already know he will tell secret to girls in order to impress them." Are you confusing Flynn and

Petraeus???

When did Flynn succumb to a girl??? I don't know that story.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:16 PM

7. This is utter bullshit. What is going on that the Biden admin is letting this shit go unchecked?

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:34 PM

8. What's to investigate?

He said it. It's on tape.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:37 PM

9. Double FUCK THAT!!!

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:38 PM

10. Nothing to investigate, it's all in the video. Now if the Biden administration wants something done,

then the ball is in their court. Can Biden demand that a retired officer be reactivated? Can the Justice Depertment take action against Flynn for encouraging a crowd to sedition if the crowd is a proven, demonstrated group of seditionists? He wasn't talking to the Daughters of the American Revolution, he was talking to some people who probably invaded the Capitol, and consider him an authority figure.

Reply to this post

Response to CCExile (Reply #10)

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 08:56 PM

12. All good questions. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 09:12 PM

13. What's to investigate? He said it openly

.... and you'd better believe they are watching what he says privately and to whom, which will prove far more valuable anyway.

Reply to this post

Response to relayerbob (Reply #13)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:52 AM

27. What proof do you have they are "watching what he says privately and to whom"?

There is enough for the military to recall and court martial this traitor, what are they waiting for, for Flynn to throw a bomb at the white house, and for him to get caught on video doing it?

Nope, I think the military also has totalitarian tendencies and they may be agreeing with Flynn.

Doing nothing makes them accomplices.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 09:47 PM

15. Green light to both Flynns.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 10:17 PM

18. I'd like to hear from some of our ex-military officers about what the actual rules are.

I think we have a few members that were JAG.

Just because the internet says they can recall him does not mean that is what the military rules of justice actually allow.

What he said can in no way be prosecuted under civilian law. Iím not sure just because someone is a retired general officer they lose the rights other Americans have.

If there were grounds under current rules to bring him back, I support it.

Reply to this post

Response to GulfCoast66 (Reply #18)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 03:01 AM

21. Secretary of the Army

Christine Wormuth, Secretary of the Army, subject to the direction of Austin Lloyd, Secretary of Defense (civilian, but currently one with a waiver,) can reactivate him. All of this is subject to the will of the President. It is absolutely doable, in order to bring him under the UCMJ. But, Article 2 says that retirees are subject to the rules contained in the regulations, anyway. Retirees do NOT have unlimited freedom to advocate overthrowing the US Government. Whether they like it or not, they have somewhat reduced freedom of speech. The military can court martial retirees if what they have done is severe enough.

So, I would like to know what is considered to be behavior awful enough to merit a court martial. I think making a speech to rabid fans stating that an armed rebellion should happen here to our government just fits the bill. But, that's just me. The Orange Man stood in front of the hordes and told them that he would lead them in their efforts, which they then attempted. He got away with that thanks to the GOP. What rats. This guy will get away with it, too. The Repubs are quite the show.

Flynn isn't protected. He might get away with it, however, because people are reluctant to do anything, for whatever reason. I don't think his pardon extends to fomenting an armed rebellion. "I was just joking," is the main excuse. Time for that stuff to end.

Reply to this post

Response to EndlessWire (Reply #21)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 01:05 PM

33. President Biden

Could just tell his Army General to reinstate Flynn and bring court martial charges upon Flynn for violating his oath.

Reply to this post

Response to Smackdown2019 (Reply #33)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 01:05 PM

34. Oath

I,_____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Reply to this post

Response to GulfCoast66 (Reply #18)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 01:07 PM

35. FBI

Could simply bring charges for domestic violence against the USA.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 2, 2021, 11:11 PM

19. It's not Flynn I'm worried about.

It's his fan club.

Reply to this post

Response to louis-t (Reply #19)

Response to louis-t (Reply #19)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:39 AM

26. There is no fan club without a leader, Flynn needs to be court martialed

If Flynn doesn't incite then there is no fan club. Let us not forget that the fan club is made up of ignorant racists people who have an inability to think for themselves, and their hate can be manipulated very easily, that is why Flynn must be prosecuted, he was already pardoned for treasonous acts, what else does the military need to know they have to recall and court martial a traitor, unless the military is OK with a coup as well.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 06:50 AM

22. Not enough of anything lately -- vaccinations, justice, action -- it's disheartening.

Where is the spirit of justice when we're swimming in the toxic waste of free speech of sedition and treachery?

Seriously. Swalwell can't even get his formal charges notice delivered to Brooks.

Reply to this post

Response to ancianita (Reply #22)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:35 AM

25. Well put. Democrats need to start fighting hard, that is the way to stop the bullies.

I agree, very disheartening!

Reply to this post

Response to Escurumbele (Reply #25)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:52 AM

28. We have to cultivate hope, because optimism isn't deep enough.

I'm having a hard time with the grind of justice not resulting in any change, but I have hope that the Constitution and the people still mean something to oligarchs, leaders, cyberwarriors and whoever else are players right now.

Then again, hope and a bus token...

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 07:17 AM

23. Wonder how bold the wingers will get?

Before democrats drop the hammer?...

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:34 AM

24. I keep saying it, but no one wants to believe me...don't trust your military, too much coziness with

repubs...

A common theme with dictatorships is their closeness with the military, let us not forget that they like rigidity in command, which in many ways can only be accomplished through a totalitarian regime. If one thinks about it, the military IS a totalitarian regime, the lower ranks have very little rights, they must obey without questions.

The fact that General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was complicit during trump's photo op at St. John's Church says a lot, his apology is nothing but damage control.

I pose the question again, why is it that most people in the military vote republican??? Brain washed??? They treat them like shit, republicans don't care about their PTSD, they only care to send them to fight useless wars.

If the military had solid principles of patriotism there would be no question that Flynn must be court martialed, Flynn's actions are a threat to Democracy, as well as treasonous, so why not investigate? This is not the first time Flynn has shown to be a traitor.

Reply to this post

Response to Escurumbele (Reply #24)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 08:54 AM

29. +1

The pro-white and right bias of both FBI and military, never said, but shown through their passivity toward law breaking...

Reply to this post

Response to Escurumbele (Reply #24)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 03:04 PM

36. +1

Any type of occupation/job that gives one authority over others is going to attract racists & supremacists. I think our military & law enforcement all need re-vetting. A big task, for sure.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 11:15 AM

31. I think 75% of that decission derives from the Military's position it is outside politics ....

... with some consideration to his free speech, that his civilian civil rights trump his exposure to the UCMJ.

Let him do some active expression, like lead an armed group or do something overtly criminal, they'd move on him in a minute.

Reply to this post

Response to marble falls (Reply #31)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 06:06 PM

37. Not exactly right.

The Supreme Court has taken the position that retired military do NOT have the right to unlimited political speech. He does NOT have the right to stand up there and advocate an armed rebellion. Which is what he did! Whether anyone likes it or not, he does NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT. He's a frickin general, for crying out loud. And, just so you know, making a speech from a stage advocating rebellion IS active expression. That's what Hitler did! And, little Mr. Flynn can be court martialed for what he did. He knows it, or someone advised him so that now he knows it, otherwise he wouldn't have backtracked so quickly. We are ALL watching!

Reply to this post

Response to EndlessWire (Reply #37)

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 06:54 PM

38. I'm right enough.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 3, 2021, 09:06 PM

39. Innocent people will die because Flynn is not addressed with prejudice.

There will be no way to tie Flynn and those of similar philosophy and action.

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 11, 2021, 09:33 AM

40. Of course

Last edited Tue Jun 29, 2021, 11:50 AM - Edit history (1)

Critical Race Theory

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread