HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » U.K. churchgoers stunned ...

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 03:32 PM

U.K. churchgoers stunned as Bidens join them at Sunday service

Source: NBC News

Churchgoers in a seaside resort in England say they have been left “gobsmacked” when U.S. President Joe Biden and the first lady Jill Biden dropped in for a Sunday service.

The Bidens are in Cornwall, southwest England, where the U.S. president is attending a Group of Seven wealthy democracies summit.

On Sunday morning, ahead of the summit’s conclusion, they were seen attending mass at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in St. Ives.

“I think gobsmacked is probably a very true word,” said Annie Fitzpatrick, 58. “It’s quite amazing, we went into the church and they took some details from us and I thought this is a bit unusual.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-churchgoers-stunned-bidens-join-them-sunday-service-n1270608

7 replies, 2715 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.K. churchgoers stunned as Bidens join them at Sunday service (Original post)
brooklynite Jun 2021 OP
summer_in_TX Jun 2021 #1
padah513 Jun 2021 #4
chia Jun 2021 #5
Roy Rolling Jun 2021 #6
captain queeg Jun 2021 #2
CountAllVotes Jun 2021 #3
I of the Eye Jun 2021 #7

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 04:06 PM

1. What a contrast!

TFG never darkened the door of a church unless it was to grandstand and enlist right wing evangelical prayers and support.

Jesus said, By their fruits you will know those who belong to me. Trump's joylessness, dissatisfaction, constant strife, animosity, his hatred, wickedness, and corruption, his intolerance and maliciousness, intractability and frustration, harshness and even brutality, disloyalty, treachery, instability, and rashness.

Conversely, Joe Biden shows all the fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, love, goodness, kindness, patience, gentleness, faithfulness, or self-control.Humble too. That's why he was a mediocre campaigner, couldn't easily brag on himself or ward off critiques.

It mystifies me why so many don't recognize the evil emanating from TFG and the goodness of Biden.

What's wrong with our educational system that doesn't produce knowledgeable, discerning citizens who understand how our system works, and the history of why our founders insisted on checks and balances, and their deep understanding of the character flaws common to human beings.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to summer_in_TX (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 04:59 PM

4. Beautifully written response, summer_in_TX

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 05:12 PM

5. +1000

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 08:49 PM

6. It's Theater

On the grandest scale. A moron like TFG couldn’t come to power unless ordained by Providence. Why? Who the fu*k knows, except to expose the hypocrite modern Christians from genuine, humble followers of Jesus.

It’s an interesting take I heard.

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 04:12 PM

2. Did he stop the service and take over up at the altar

To brag about his accomplishments and badmouth every other politician (except Putin of course) and invite everyone to go to one of his failing golf courses?

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 04:29 PM

3. Stunned!

Stunned alright!

Way different than that last guy that hated the world it seemed.

Stunned to see an American president at Mass.

A Catholic one at that!

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:41 PM

7. A Catholic Church in England? Isn't that Illegal?

HA! Just messin' with ya!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread